Looking for news on remaining 2008 schedule

WestchesterCruiseFan

From another source, hush hush, I have obtained the full 2008 Cunard Schedule. I am sure you would all like to see it!

Thanks for posting Jon - apart from the gaps in the QE2 schedule, I notice that they also have on the QM2:

2-Jan-2009 Southern Caribbean Calypso Fort Lauderdale Round Trip 10 Days M902

22-Apr-2009 Westbound TA Sou-NY M906

So we have 100 missing days - and 3 missing voyages - another World Cruise for QM2?

Peter

Hello! I just wanted to chime in that I'm personally excited about the one and only Canada & New England Cruise on QM2 next year!

I sailed on QM2 for the first time this January and I was just SO impressed with how well she went though the water, I knew I wanted to do the Canada Fall thing on her. Looking at 2007 though, my hubby said the cruise was too long since it's 9-nights this year. :( Looking at 2008 they put her on a 7-night itinerary and that's a go for us! We'll book it as soon as the sailings open 3/31/07.

I was going to chime in with something intelligent to say about why QE2's schedule cuts off on October, but I couldn't think of anything. Let me explain... I'm a TA and I get the advance press announcement things from my sales reps before it's known to the public. That whole release that was posted, I had that since Monday or something. Couldn't say anything until it was 'officially made public' 3/15 though.

Anyway, Princess Cruises, which is run out of the same HQ as Cunard, announces their cruises in geographic 'chunks' of sailings. I remember in 2006 getting multiple Cunard Press Releases, so I thought possibly QE2 was just going to do another geographic REGION after 10/27/08 sailing. I went off searching around in my files, and the three press announcements I have are this same one (Transatlantic, Europe & Americas), then Queen Victoria's little 2007 sailings came down in a release of it's own in February, and then the World Cruises in July. That's why I remembered three... but it does us no good. <sigh>

I just want to say for the record though, that this COULD be the answer. Cunard could put out another geographic press release that is is something other than Transatlantic, Europe or Americas to keep her occupied. If she went ANYWHERE in the world that wasn't in these three areas they would feel entitled to do a different release about it. Exotic places take longer to negotiate with, etc. so we usually hear about them later.

Princess really fouled me up last year, but breaking thier releases in a different way than prior years. And they've already done it a little differently on the second release for this year, so if it's the same folks they could be messing with our heads with the Cunard releases as well.

My money is on the QV doing a 2009 World Cruise after that last 22-night cruise that has already been announced though. Seems logical, doesn't it?

I'm hoping to convince many friends to join me on the Canada New England cruise, so if you decide to take it, look for me on the roll call!

Cheers!

But still no news one what QE2 is doing in Novemer 2008 :eek: :eek: :confused:

Another possibility is a long charter in some far away place - Australia ???? Especially as the schedule 'hints' at QM2 and QV doing world cruises in 2009 :cool:

Suzy Cruisy - don't you think Cunard would end QE2's schedule in Southampton in November unless there was 'something else' planned rather than cruising somewhere other than transatlantic , Europe or America??? She hasn't done anything apart from ex UK and a world cruise for years and with only 3 ships in the fleet, a separate geographical press release seems a bit overkill.

Ken

Not a lot of point in a refit 6 months before retirement......

Peter

I did think that too, still trying to find any clues on this.

Possibly an extra cruise will be added into the April slot. They will want to see how Victoria works out first.

They will want to see how Victoria works out first.

One thing they know already, at top speed QE2 gets through 18 tonnes of oil per hour, QV, 10.....If anyone had a spare moment, it might be worth comparing capacity in the two by Grills vs the rest - I'm sure this plays a very important part of Cunard's economics - and I wonder if the QV/Arcadia switch was to get more Grill pax in.....

Peter

One thing they know already, at top speed QE2 gets through 18 tonnes of oil per hour, QV, 10.....If anyone had a spare moment, it might be worth comparing capacity in the two by Grills vs the rest - I'm sure this plays a very important part of Cunard's economics - and I wonder if the QV/Arcadia switch was to get more Grill pax in.....

Peter

I believe that the QV/Arcadia switch was driven by Arcadia not being distinctive enough nor having enough grill suites. The difference in Grill pax between QV and QE2 is in favour of the old lady (approx 330 to 250). However, maybe it's at the bottom of the heap that the difference lies - with QE2 having vast amounts of small cheap internal and outside cabins compared to the decks full of mid price balconies on QV. It seems to me that they are selling a lot of cheap M grades on QE2 over and over again with pax getting free upgrades into C, P or even Q grades - which can't be good for Cunard economics.

Ken

It seems to me that they are selling a lot of cheap M grades on QE2 over and over again with pax getting free upgrades into C, P or even Q grades - which can't be good for Cunard economics.

I'd agree - it wouldn't be good for Cunard, except they only seem to offer those upgrades on short party cruises - and then mainly to the seasoned passenger. You very rarely hear of anyone being upgraded on any other type of cruise. (Unlike the Mary where you seem to get an automatic upgrade at any time.:)

Peter

Peter,

I'm not sure about the consumption at 30+ knots being made to 24 knots.

More pertinent is the question of the fuel consumption at 20 knots as a direct comparison.

Or perhaps even at 24 knots.

I wonder how many of us will still cruise/cross as regularly once she is no more?

Matthew

I'd agree - it wouldn't be good for Cunard, except they only seem to offer those upgrades on short party cruises - and then mainly to the seasoned passenger. You very rarely hear of anyone being upgraded on any other type of cruise. (Unlike the Mary where you seem to get an automatic upgrade at any time.:)

Does this mean you've never had an upgrade on QE2 :eek: but have on QM2 ... oh sorry I forgot, you've never sailed the flagship have you :rolleyes:

Ken

.......I wonder how many of us will still cruise/cross as regularly once she is no more?

Matthew

Not enough to worry Cunard as there seem to be plenty on this Board that like the alternative :rolleyes:

Ken

Does this mean you've never had an upgrade on QE2 :eek: but have on QM2

Are you trying to put words into my mouth?:p As you quite rightly say:

oh sorry I forgot, you've never sailed the flagship have you :rolleyes:

I've never been upgraded on the QM2 because I've never been on her. I've been upgraded twice on the QE2 in 15 years - both times were on very short cruises.

I'm assuming that you mean QM2 when you say "the flagship" although the first time I was upgraded on QE2 she was the flagship):)

All I said was that Cunard seem to give more upgrades on the QM" than they do on the QE2. It's not a fact, just an impression I've got from posts on this board.

I'd agree - it wouldn't be good for Cunard, except they only seem to offer those upgrades on short party cruises - and then mainly to the seasoned passenger. You very rarely hear of anyone being upgraded on any other type of cruise

Im not even going down that route again! Im sure lm blacklisted, Its easier to get on the Captains table than get an upgrade in my experience;)

Originally Posted by KenC

It seems to me that they are selling a lot of cheap M grades on QE2 over and over again with pax getting free upgrades into C, P or even Q grades - which can't be good for Cunard economics.

Depends how you see it? an empty cabin brings in no revenue,Prior to Carnival taking over QE2 would sail with loads of empty cabins, where as nowadays she is overbooked on most cruises and sails with all the cabins full.

Of course in the good old days you paid the brochure price and that was it no discounts or sailaways, In fact does anybody pay full brochure these days !!

One thing they know already, at top speed QE2 gets through 18 tonnes of oil per hour,

And the top suite onboard the world cruise pays the fuel bill for that cruise! Interestingly enough its been the same couple for the past 10 years who have had that suite, and only in recent years have they booked the opposite suite as well........ I recall being told that they had managed to get a "deal" on such a booking over various years and that it expires at the end of this world cruise, next year they move to the other side:eek:

Im not even going down that route again! Im sure lm blacklisted, Its easier to get on the Captains table than get an upgrade in my experience;)

I have only once had my booking marked for an upgrade. Normally it is marked "do not upgrade" because I don't want to be upgraded to six decks down..... Received an upgrade on that one occasion - and on a crossing too!

And the top suite onboard the world cruise pays the fuel bill for that cruise! Interestingly enough its been the same couple for the past 10 years who have had that suite, and only in recent years have they booked the opposite suite as well........ I recall being told that they had managed to get a "deal" on such a booking over various years and that it expires at the end of this world cruise, next year they move to the other side:eek:

Does that mean that I can book the other with my Euromillions jackpot win?

*returns to reality with a bump*

Matthew

Well, it looks like another year of waiting for QM2 to visit St. Maarten. In the first couple years, she visited all the time. She hasn't been scheduled their for two years, plus 2008. Save for the 2007 Christmas Caribbean, which I would need a divorce to take since my wife forbids being away from home over the holidays. Anyone know why St. Maarten is no longer a regular?

Well, it looks like another year of waiting for QM2 to visit St. Maarten. In the first couple years, she visited all the time. She hasn't been scheduled their for two years, plus 2008. Save for the 2007 Christmas Caribbean, which I would need a divorce to take since my wife forbids being away from home over the holidays. Anyone know why St. Maarten is no longer a regular?

My educated guess would be port congestion and the fact that Cunard doesn't have first "dibs" on space since they don't visit year round.

Archived