Looking for news on remaining 2008 schedule

WestchesterCruiseFan

BIG NEWS: QE2 list ends with 15 day MED cruise Oct 27. List for the other ships goes to end of year, so far as I can see. I have no reason provided as to why. I asked back.

This is refit time, isnt this one of the refits that will determine her length of future service, and with it starting Mid november shes back in service for the world cruise, Looks more that just a paint job:D

This is refit time, isnt this one of the refits that will determine her length of future service, and with it starting Mid november shes back in service for the world cruise, Looks more that just a paint job:D

Well spotted Myles! The Vessel Status shows an 'Intermediate' survey due between 15/09/08-13/03/09 - so looks like that what this is for - though her hull does not to be surveyed until 13/12/11 :)

http://www.cdlive.lr.org/vesselstatus.asp?LRNO=6725418

Peter

Well spotted Myles! The Vessel Status shows an 'Intermediate' survey due between 15/09/08-13/03/09 - so looks like that what this is for - though her hull does not to be surveyed until 13/12/11 :)

http://www.cdlive.lr.org/vesselstatus.asp?LRNO=6725418

Peter

Hello Peter :D

Aren't Cunard refits usually done in March/April??? A two or three month refit from end Oct - very curious don't you think????? :D

Unfortunately it isn't over till the old lady sings :(

Ken

who is pretty sure they will drag it out until 2010 at least :(

Who is pretty sure they will drag it out until 2010 at least :(

Malcolm - who is delighted to agree with Ken on the future of QE2 - especially the "at least" part (even if he wouldn't have used the phrase "drag it out"):)

Malcolm - who is delighted to agree with Ken on the future of QE2 - especially the "at least" part (even if he wouldn't have used the phrase "drag it out"):)

It's still curious about what happens after Oct 08 though??? You know I could be wrong too!!!!

Ken;)

It's still curious about what happens after Oct 08 though??? You know I could be wrong too!!!! Ken;)

We'll need to see whether they schedule any drydock time immediately after the 08 World cruise or not....if not, Myles' refit theory in November sounds reasonable.

Peter

Hello Peter :D

Aren't Cunard refits usually done in March/April??? A two or three month refit from end Oct - very curious don't you think????? :D

Unfortunately it isn't over till the old lady sings :(

Ken

who is pretty sure they will drag it out until 2010 at least :(

Not so curious. in 1986 she was in refit from Oct-May 87. She again emerged from refit in Dec 96 (not sure the date she went in). and 1999 she went into refit at LLoyd-Werft from Nov 12-Dec 11.

None of the new 08 schedules are loaded in reservations. I just checked, nor have any been released via OneSource.

I phoned 3 TA's for 2008 B2B2B sailings on QM2 (First leg is already listed in present brochure, third leg is listed in the World Cruise brochure)

TA #1 Asked "why would you want to go to Caribbean on QM2 when there

are other cruises from right here in Florida" Nuff said

TA #2 Said "there is no information available at this time concerning any

2008 cruise" Again nuff said

TA #3 Gave me price of first leg and the third leg , and promised to obtain

price for the second leg by Monday.

According to TA #3 Cunard is listing the 2008 prices and schedules to their staff tomorrow (Thursday). TA expects to hear from "source " on Friday, hence the "I will phone you Monday " answer.

In April 08 the QM2 is doing one Caribbean sailing.. a 10 nighter rt from New York. Since the 4/22/08 sailing is a ta from Sou-NY, you can bet the 4/17 sailing is an eb ta from NY to Sou. Folks finishing the QV world will be returning on the QM2 4/22/08.

Ergo, if you want to do a B2B2B Caribbean from NYC, you'll have to start in March of 08 unless you want a Car/ebta/wbta.

Yes....but why haven't they listed QE2 in December - especially Christmas & New Year. They could almost re-engine her again between 27 October and the end of the year let alone do a refit - after all everyone says she is in such wonderful condition!!! ;)

Yes....but why haven't they listed QE2 in December - especially Christmas & New Year.

Ken - I think you may be getting needlessly excited:

I received a list today with Cunard 2008 schedule. It might be preliminary.

Peter

Ken - I think you may be getting needlessly excited:

Peter

Peter ... you did give me the cue and I don't like to disappoint ;)

Ken

who really hopes someone has passed Matthew the smelling salts ;)

I cannot imagine that the marketing department of Cunard would want to lose the opportunity to advertise the "farewell world cruise" and so on this basis I'd suggest that she will be going to at least April 2009.

My immediate thought was a refit when I got to the "BIG NEWS" and I'm pleased to see others have had the same thought.

Matthew

(who has everything crossed in hope of many years left)

Peter ... you did give me the cue and I don't like to disappoint ;)

Ken

who really hopes someone has passed Matthew the smelling salts ;)

If this is the end, then there'll be a cabin free on the Victoria. I'd rather fit one more trip in with Queen Elizabeth 2 than do the maiden.

Especially as I've been warned off it by regular crew.....

Matthew.

If this is the end, then there'll be a cabin free on the Victoria. I'd rather fit one more trip in with Queen Elizabeth 2 than do the maiden..

Shock, horror .... well, well Matthew I never suspected for a minute that you wouldn't go ;)

Especially as I've been warned off it by regular crew.....

Matthew.

.... didn't realise QV had regular crew yet ;)

Ken

who is pleased that Matthew lives to snipe another day ;)

Have not seen this anywhere else, but Cruise Critic has got hold of the itineraries of one of the QV's Southampton competitors, P&O's Grand Class Ventura. These include pretty standard European (Med, Baltic, Fjords, Atlantic Isles) then winter Caribbean 14 nighters based out of Barbados - so continuing P&O policy of avoiding US (Immigration hassles get widely reported here). I'm wondering at QV's lack of Caribbeans.....and only one trip to the US.....seems odd.....

P&O scoop here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1970

Peter

OK You want it, you got it. I received a list today with Cunard 2008 schedule. It might be preliminary.

Of course the burning question is Winchester,How did you get hold of this list? we all want one:eek:

if not, Myles' refit theory in November sounds reasonable.

Guernseyguy, l stake my reputation on what l said:D

You got it! I wanted to do the 10 day Caribbean,followed by and East bound Transatlantic followed by a Westbound Transatlantic 22 days in all starting April 6th.

The Caribbean is already listed, and the West bound also (on the World cruise brochure) I guessed the ship would have to go East in order to come West, and it was the cost of the Eastbound I needed to price.

Will wait until next week

Hello,

Does anyone know where the QE2 will be from April 18 to May 5 2008?

I thought that Cunard would have all three Queens in Southampton April 22.

Thanks!

Alan

Well spotted - perhaps she is having another refit then too eh???? :eek:

Guernseyguy, l stake my reputation on what l said:D

Well spotted - perhaps she is having another refit then too eh???? :eek:

Uh oh! Its hand bags at dawn then......you know, you'd think Ken would be a bit nicer to an old lady......:rolleyes:

Peter

Uh oh! Its hand bags at dawn then......you know, you'd think Ken would be a bit nicer to an old lady......:rolleyes:

Peter

well ..... the old girl usually has her bulldog clip tightened after every second world cruise!!! You know I'm right :eek:

It's not really the old lady I object to so much (though she is sadly lacking in so many areas - if not speed!!), it's more the sycophants who keep the hype going. What on earth will they do when she does go???? :rolleyes:

Ken

From another source, hush hush, I have obtained the full 2008 Cunard Schedule. I am sure you would all like to see it!

Saved to : Cunard 2008 Schedule.

For UK past travellers it looks like there will be a 20% discount on a QE2 cruise booked in April if you book a second 2008 cruise at the same time. There are also 5% discounts all for al ships.

First time travellers are being offered credits or savings on Caronia QE2 and Balcony QM2 & QV.

On sale 1st Apr for past passengers, 2nd Apr for everyone.

Archived