Boca Raton area

TwinCruiserMom

I have been trying to get an answer on the East Coast Departure board about Boca Raton and specifically the Embassy Suites in that city, but I have yet to get any information. We are going to be leaving from Fort Lauderdale on the CB in July and we do not mind driving up to an hour on the morning of our cruise. We love Embassy Suites hotels since there are 5 in our family and we need the extra sleeping space that the sofa bed provides.

I can get the hotel in Boca for $70 or $80 a night less than the one in Fort Lauderdale. What I need is for someone from that area to let me know if this hotel is in decent condition with a good reputation.

I am sorry to post on this board but I have seen many people from South Florida posting here and you have all been so helpful with my new cruiser questions.

I appreciate any advice on the Embassy Suites in Boca Raton.

Many thanks!

I have been trying to get an answer on the East Coast Departure board about Boca Raton and specifically the Embassy Suites in that city, but I have yet to get any information. We are going to be leaving from Fort Lauderdale on the CB in July and we do not mind driving up to an hour on the morning of our cruise. We love Embassy Suites hotels since there are 5 in our family and we need the extra sleeping space that the sofa bed provides.

I can get the hotel in Boca for $70 or $80 a night less than the one in Fort Lauderdale. What I need is for someone from that area to let me know if this hotel is in decent condition with a good reputation.

I am sorry to post on this board but I have seen many people from South Florida posting here and you have all been so helpful with my new cruiser questions.

I appreciate any advice on the Embassy Suites in Boca Raton.

Many thanks!

Its an excellent hotel right on the beach with a great pool and the service is ok ---I had friends stay there many times and its only a 1/2 hour drive to the port in ft lauderdale ---Go ahead and book it

Its an excellent hotel right on the beach with a great pool and the service is ok ---I had friends stay there many times and its only a 1/2 hour drive to the port in ft lauderdale ---Go ahead and book it

I only wish it was the one on the beach ;) That would be terrific! Unfortunately, the one in Deerfield Beach is just as expensive as the one in Ft. Lauderdale.

The one we have the great rate at is the Embassy Suites Boca Raton which is just off of I-95. We only need it for the one night and the pictures on the website look very nice.

Thanks CruisinMatt for the info!

I live in Boca and the hotel will be fine for your one night stay. After getting on I-95 it will take you about 35 minutes or so to the port.

Pooh

Thanks so much!

Does this hotel have a good reputation? Also, it looks like it is near a set of railroad tracks - are these tracks used a lot?

Any information on the hotel is greatly appreciated :)

I Have Friends Who Stayed There This Summer. The Hotel Is Fine, But Since It Is On The Railroad Tracks They Were Awakened Every Night By The Trains. If That Is An Issue, You Might Want To Find Another Hotel - Try The Springfield Suites And Townsend Suites. They Also Are In Boca But A Little Further Away From The Trains. Also Try The Homestead Suite Hotel. It Is Kind Of Bare Bones (no Pool), But Clean And Well Located Right Off 95.

I Have Driven To The Port From Boca And It Is Only A Half Hour.

Have A Great Cruise.

Others have also stayed at the Hampton Inn on Yamato Road in Boca. That is a nice place. You have to cross the road and walk about 1/4 mile to a shopping center that has several restaurants. Also Hampton Inn has free breakfasts. There is a Taco Bell really close also. This is a nice location in a high end business park type area and near nice residential areas.

Also it takes about 1/2 hour to get to port, but you need to add a few minutes depending on the security line to get into port. So if you want to plan a specific timing (some planners are like that - me!), need to add a few minutes for that and to reach the ship. We have gotten to the port around 10:30 - 10:45 a.m. to board our past 8 cruises and have not waited to get into the port at all. When we left to go home around 9:45-10 am there was a pretty long line that would take about 15 minutes or so to get through. Yes, I am a planning nut! Or at least like to know as much ahead of time and then go with the flow!

Have a great cruise.

Pooh

Pooh

Archived