Intercontinental Miami

jerseygirl3

Can anybody tell me about the pool area for this hotel? We are staying there for two nights and will have 5 kids with us (ages 6-14). We weren't terribly impressed with the pool area at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami and were hoping this hotel would be more resort-like.

I don't know how this hotel could get terrible reviews. It is beautiful. The only thing people need to be aware of is that it is an upscale hotel and the incidentals are overpriced. We paid $15.00 for for a pot of room service coffee and I think it was 25 for a club sandwich. Outside of that we had no complaints. The view we had was fantastic and we woke up to our ship right across the way. Bayside Marketplace was right next door and we had a ball with the bartender by the pool. All in all I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Can you send me pictures as well? My DH and DD will be there in May precruise for Liberty of the Seas?

How did you like the hotel? There were so many bad reviews on Trip Advisor I was getting a little nervous.

Hi,

I need your email address or need you to send me an email to my address.

The hotel is wonderful. It is a very nice hotel with very nice employees. It beats any hotels I have stayed in in FLL. I much prefer this hotel to FLL's Grande, Embassy Suites or Renaissance.

I wouldn't worry about any stays here. This used to be a 5 star hotel and was reclassified in the last year or two to a 4 star. I found it nicer than most 4 star hotels I have stayed at.

Theresa

I don't know how this hotel could get terrible reviews. It is beautiful. The only thing people need to be aware of is that it is an upscale hotel and the incidentals are overpriced. We paid $15.00 for for a pot of room service coffee and I think it was 25 for a club sandwich. Outside of that we had no complaints. The view we had was fantastic and we woke up to our ship right across the way. Bayside Marketplace was right next door and we had a ball with the bartender by the pool. All in all I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I agree. This is a very nice hotel in a good location. I didn't use room service but am not surprised at the prices you stated.

Did you have trouble with transportation getting around to other places like South Beach, etc. We were ready to book a room and it crossed my mind that unless we wanted to pay alot for cabs we may be stuck in that area, we are going down for 2 1/2 days early to see the sights in Miami. Thank you in advance for any thoughts and experiences you may have on this! :)

I read a review somewhere that said that there is no sun at all at their pool after 12:30 pm, then it is entirely in the shade. Is there any truth to this - does anyone know? Also, do they have coffeemakers in the room - I am thinking not, due to the comment about the price of "room service" coffee?

Coral - would you mind terribly sending me those pictures of the hotel as well? I would really appreciate it as we are thinking of booking before our FOS cruise later this year. e-mail is boulton0018@shaw.ca

Canuck

I read a review somewhere that said that there is no sun at all at their pool after 12:30 pm, then it is entirely in the shade. Is there any truth to this - does anyone know? Also, do they have coffeemakers in the room - I am thinking not, due to the comment about the price of "room service" coffee?

Coral - would you mind terribly sending me those pictures of the hotel as well? I would really appreciate it as we are thinking of booking before our FOS cruise later this year. e-mail is boulton0018@shaw.ca

Canuck

I sent the pics.

I was thinking there was a coffee pot but I don't drink coffee so I can't tell you for sure. Sorry..

Hello,

Just discovered this thread and my DH and I are staying at the Intercontinental in three weeks. Could you please send the pictures to:

adelchamps@sarpc.org

Also if you have any suggestions on good shopping area (ie BeBe, guess, express, along those lines), we do not have any high end stores and Ilove to go in and dream.

Thanks

dreamalittle - pictures sent.

Everyone else - I have no problems sending pics to people, just do me a favor and email me as I don't always look at this board. The pictures I took are primarily pool pictures that were taken very early in the morning. If this is what you want, I can definitely send them along. Just send me an email (address in signature).

Maybe if I have a snow day tomorrow, I can put the pictures on the web :)

Also if you have any suggestions on good shopping area (ie BeBe, guess, express, along those lines), we do not have any high end stores and Ilove to go in and dream.

Thanks

There is Bayside Market place within walking distance. Here is a list of stores: http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/storedirectory.asp

Someone mentioned there is a Macy's near by also but I didn't walk that direction. Hopefully a local can fill you in on those details.

I enjoyed to stay at InterContinential Miami. In the morning I can see

the ships come in. I booked directly from Intercontinential with regular

room got upgraded to a suite. Wonderful hotel. If anyone thinking to

book this hotel and want a upgrade. Feel free to email me privately. My

email can be found in my profile.

Archived