SUITE GUARNTEE or JR SUITE

mikeblum

we are sailing currently on the AOS due to depart on 3-18-07...will call my TA to see if there are any suites available to be upgraded into...as a diamond memeber would like to be considered if possible...how much would you guys suggest i should kick in to make this happen...assuming that there are openings...is it worth it...would love the extra room and the tub...

I dont think you could "kick in " any thing except the current going price between your cabin and the suite you want............

Free upgrades are for DP.......but we dont always get them, trust me,.......

I know of several 1st time cruisers that have been "upgraded" several catagories on a guarantee booking. It happens, but no one really knows what the criteria for that is!

If you can get a JS--go for it! It's truly the way to cruise. I wouldn't pay for anything larger, tho--I just don't feel it's worth it. A JS is quite sufficient and comfortable for 2. Anything larger would be wasted space. Now, if it was given to me for no extra charge, hell yes, I'd take it!!! But the fare for a JS is all I'll go!

is what we've been happy with then we were nicly moved into a JR Suite and really enjoyed the walk in closet, tub, just alot of room for an "enhanced balcony stateroom" as RCCL is calling them since they are not suites.

Then my TA tells me that she will book a "W" for us next cruise to see what the price difference is for a JR Suite Guarantee vs D1 AFT. We book a year or more in advance, but we'd love more room too.

Has anyone booked a "W"? What did you get?

is what we've been happy with then we were nicly moved into a JR Suite and really enjoyed the walk in closet, tub, just alot of room for an "enhanced balcony stateroom" as RCCL is calling them since they are not suites.

Then my TA tells me that she will book a "W" for us next cruise to see what the price difference is for a JR Suite Guarantee vs D1 AFT. We book a year or more in advance, but we'd love more room too.

Has anyone booked a "W"? What did you get?

They are not officially called enhanced balcony staterooms yet..................

And they usually only add guarantees closer to sailing date if the ship is not full and they need to sell those cabins.................never seen a guarantee a year out................

They are not officially called enhanced balcony staterooms yet..................

And they usually only add guarantees closer to sailing date if the ship is not full and they need to sell those cabins.................never seen a guarantee a year out................

Thats good to know. I usually book a year in advance. For my next cruise I have the center hump on deck 9 D1 and want to stay there, but for the next cruise I book I can see getting the Suite guarantee if the price is right. We travel as a couple as someone else said, the space for a big suite would be wasted on the two of us. All JS suites have balconies don't they?

I dont think you could "kick in " any thing except the current going price between your cabin and the suite you want............

Free upgrades are for DP.......but we dont always get them, trust me,.......

I can vouch for what PH says......have never been upgraded..........still waiting for the upgrade fairy.

Hey PH..........anything in the mail yet??:D

as we have til 4/16 to get onboard.

I am SO happy today after 3' of snow to plow over 2 day period, and now it is 40 degrees with a high tonight of 43, then a cold front shows tomorrow again. Snow drifts bigger than me & a few cars parked illegally on the street were buried by the snowplow. Funny to watch the folks finally digging them out & finding tickets for every day. Snow ban for over 2" is in effect but they don't listen.

Personally, I prefer to select where we will be. Unless we have more than just us, always a JS. I select based on what is above us, each side of us, and the potential views.

We were upgraded once, and only once, to a GS, on the Splendour out of Barcelona. I suspect some guest wanted two adjoining JS units, and was willing to pay well for them. We were never informed of the upgrade. When the Docs came I started the DOC DANCE and then realized the cabin was wrong. After researching it, I decided to keep it anyway, even without having selected it myself.

Lets see, we will see a couple of you guys on the Radiance in Sept. Some of you, we will see again.

Jim & Joan

Monarch, 4/02, Western Caribbean.

Serenade, 8/03, Eastern Canada.

Adventure, 4/04, Eastern Caribbean.

Serenade, 9/04, Alaska.

Adventure, 5/05, Eastern Caribbean.

Splendour, 9/05, Western Med.

Enchantment, 4/06, Caribbean.

Jewel, 5/06, Baltics.

Splendour, 9/06, Eastern Med.

Serenade, 10/06, Trans-Canal.

Future:

Majesty, 4/07, Bahamas and Key West.

Navigator, 5/07, Mediterranean Treasures.

Radiance, 9/07, Alaska.

Navigator, 10/07, Canaries

Mercury, 2/08, Oz to Auckland.

Personally, I prefer to select where we will be. Unless we have more than just us, always a JS. I select based on what is above us, each side of us, and the potential views.

We were upgraded once, and only once, to a GS, on the Splendour out of Barcelona. I suspect some guest wanted two adjoining JS units, and was willing to pay well for them. We were never informed of the upgrade. When the Docs came I started the DOC DANCE and then realized the cabin was wrong. After researching it, I decided to keep it anyway, even without having selected it myself.

Lets see, we will see a couple of you guys on the Radiance in Sept. Some of you, we will see again.

Jim & Joan

I'm with you Jim, always like to have the ability to select where I want to be on a ship.

BTW....still waiting to hear about dinner plans in Vancouver and where you will be staying. Talk to you more on the Alaska thread about it.....since this is way OT!!;)

we are sailing currently on the AOS due to depart on 3-18-07...will call my TA to see if there are any suites available to be upgraded into...as a diamond memeber would like to be considered if possible...how much would you guys suggest i should kick in to make this happen...assuming that there are openings...is it worth it...would love the extra room and the tub...

We like to choose where we want to be but decided to try a JR Suite and when it was a JRS Guarantee, I held my breath and hoped. And it happened, RFS.

Good luck!

I can vouch for what PH says......have never been upgraded..........still waiting for the upgrade fairy.

Hey PH..........anything in the mail yet??:D

Cruisen,

I hope your not going to flood out this week with the warming temps and all the snow you probably have on the ground.

We have been cruising since the '70s and enjoyed every cruise (on multiple cruise lines). But, we have NEVER, ever received an upgrade of any kind--so don't count on the Fairy!;)

Agreed. We booked a "suite gaurantee" (basically mini-suite up) a couple of times on Princess and got mini-suites - which we were happy with. Since then (apart from one 4 day family cruise out of LA, when a mini-suite was just fine), we have wanted a full suite - so we booked a specific full-suite.

If you book a "suite gaurantee" hoping beyond hope for a full suite, then chances are you will be disappoined. If you really want a full suite (with concierge etc), then book it - always book the category that you are honestly happy with :)

Boo

Thanks for all of the feed back...ya i'm a little concerned about the guarntee js and the location of the cabin...we have been booked in our e-1 balcony since last may right on the humb deck 7 mid ship...maybe i should just stay with what we have and leave well enough alone...

But a JS is worth 2 cruise credits,if that matters to you.......:)

Dont know how you paid for the cabin you have,but the suite guarantee is 3259 now...........thats alot!

Is that with air and insurance? That seems very high. We always get a GS, and even on the Liberty for August 2007 it was a little less than that with the air and insurance. That is also including the $200 Diamond discount. I assume we are talking per person.

Tasha

Is that with air and insurance? That seems very high. We always get a GS, and even on the Liberty for August 2007 it was a little less than that with the air and insurance. That is also including the $200 Diamond discount. I assume we are talking per person.

Tasha

Im talking total for a W guarantee..............just cabin, nothing else......dont forget,we're talking about next month already..

Patti-is that your phone ringing???? No??:( Me either....

can't hurt to ask for the upgrade...if they give it to me then i have to deciede...if they don't then i have not lost anything...asking never hurts becuase it doesn't sound like they put out any offers to upgrade until after the ship sails...when i spoke to the crown and anchor folks last week on another issue they did say that there were some jr's left for purchase...you can't see that online...online it shows the w class...i'm happy with my e-1 on the hump level 7...but if they want to take care of a diamond member i'd consider but not for the current going price minus what i paid...THANKS BUT NO THANKS...

Archived