Pre Cruise Ft Lauderdale

jlp20

We are booked on the 6/3 sailing on the Caribbean and had been waiting for Southwest Airlines to open reservations for that time period. In short SWA released a whole month of flights and the first flights out (and cheaper) have been booked. I was able to get what I could. We will leave Los Angeles late morning and after a connecting flight, should get into Ft. Lauderdale just before 10 PM. After getting bags and a cab, that means getting to a hotel will be well after 11PM.

I can’t see spending $200 a night for a 3-4 star hotel when all we need is a shower and bed. I may look at the Hilton for the post cruise stay, but pre cruise is there a Motel 6 type place near the airport? Any help would be appreciated, can’t trust going by online ads.

We are booked on the 6/3 sailing on the Caribbean and had been waiting for Southwest Airlines to open reservations for that time period. In short SWA released a whole month of flights and the first flights out (and cheaper) have been booked. I was able to get what I could. We will leave Los Angeles late morning and after a connecting flight, should get into Ft. Lauderdale just before 10 PM. After getting bags and a cab, that means getting to a hotel will be well after 11PM.

I can’t see spending $200 a night for a 3-4 star hotel when all we need is a shower and bed. I may look at the Hilton for the post cruise stay, but pre cruise is there a Motel 6 type place near the airport? Any help would be appreciated, can’t trust going by online ads.

I recommend the Sleep Inn in Dania. Clean, comfotable and moderately priced. They pick up at the airport and take you to the port free, serve a decent breakfast and are convenient to resturants and shopping for any last minute needs.

Usually the majority of hotels/motels in the Ft. Lauderale area during the summer months are cheap or at least cheaper than Spring. I was in Ft. Lauderdale last week and found hotels to show lower last minute rates. Keep checking. It used to be the early bird gets the worm. Now, its the one's who wait.

I live just outside of Fort Lauderdale. There is an Ameri-Suites on 17th, Embassy Suites on 17th St, Holiday Inn, and a ton of high end hotels. If you can't find a good rate at these try priceline, I've always had good success with using them for a quick night.

Archived