Platinum Check In

#1 IslandGirl

How does this work for a Platinum member? The Princess book makes a reference to it, but it doesn't explain.

Is it just a shorter line? :confused:

I'm cruising out of San Juan on the Golden 11/21 in a mini. :cool:

THANK YOU!!

Kelly

Platinum member check-in is just a dedicated line for those members...however being one myself I hardly ever use it because it seems always like every time I cruise that line is way longer than the Express regular check-in....also they don't have as many kiosks open compared to express check-in...trust me girl you ain't missing out on anything ..the HR would tell it to you straight if you were!

Island girl: I will also will be platinum on our Oct. cruise and once I am ready to check in and platinum line is longer then the express line, trust me I will be in the express line. Want to get on that ship as soon as possible to start the vacation.

Marilyn

We had Platinum check-in on the Royal in May in jolly old England. We arrived early to the ship and when we got to the lines - the Platinum had one person then us while the others had a great many. Also we were all seated in a large room waiting to board but before I could drink a coke they called the Elite and Platinum to board first. We got some dirty looks as we got up as some of the other people had been there much longer. We smiled and moved on!! Quacker Don and Lee

We had a similar experience. In England Princess transfer got us to the port just as boarding began. There was no one in the Platinum line and other lines were long. We got our Platinum boarding pass and walked into a room that was filled with people. There was someone collecting boarding passes and I asked which ones were being called he looked at ours and said "welcome aboard" right this way and we were on the ship. I overheard others later say they'd waited in the room several hours before their number was finally called.

Sometimes the platinum line is the shortest. There were many, many first-time cruisers last April, waiting in long lines, while we were able to step right up, get boarding passes, and head up the gangway less than 5 minutes after getting inside the terminal. What a great way to maximize vacation time.

Another advantage to platinum: You are in line with seasoned travelers who have their act together as far as passports, documents, and credit cards go. Even if there is a line, it moves fast!

I am a platinum member but my two roomies are not (one is gold and the other will be a first time Princess cruiser). Can all three of us use the Platinum line or do we have to go through the main lines?

Thanks,

Marilyn

Usually, not set in stone, the cruise cards for Platinum are at that desk and the others are else where so they would have to go to their own lines. You can go with them and they will just come and get your card at the Platinum desk.Anything is possible but why not leave the Platinum line for those that are Platinum?

I know that when there is a Platinum disembarkaton lounge they are not allowed to use it unless they have been granted some type of a special exception. This might occur if the number of Platinum/Elite members on the cruise is low.

I am a platinum member but my two roomies are not (one is gold and the other will be a first time Princess cruiser). Can all three of us use the Platinum line or do we have to go through the main lines?

We (my sister's family and my family--total of 7 people) travelled with my parents who were Platinum members and we went through Platinum check-in with them. No problem. We were first-time Princess cruisers then.

This was at Long Beach, CA port. There was a long winding line outside the dome structure (where we waited for over 1 hour). Once we were inside, we just followed my parents to the Platinum desk and once we were all checked-in together, we took a group photo. It was a very nice family photo. Had we checked-in at a regular line, we wouldn't be able to take that photo together unless my parents waited for us.

HTH.

Wow... it's no wonder the Platinum check-in is always slower and has longer lines after reading this thread....everyone and there dog is using it instead of the Express Check-In that they should be using...oh well HR will keep using that Express ...but I'll sprint and race you all to the desert bar onboard!

I'm simply dittoing the other posts. We are Platinum, or is it called Elite now????? It seems to me that the P line is always longer, and/or tied up with folks asking tons of questions re: their perks. So we get into the shortest line. Never had a problem embarking. In all of our cruises, I would have to say the longest we ever waited was 20 minutes. :D

Wow... it's no wonder the Platinum check-in is always slower and has longer lines after reading this thread....everyone and there dog is using it instead of the Express Check-In that they should be using...

Excuse me?! Are you referring to us as dogs?! I took offense to your comment. I thought one of the perks for Platinum members is to be able to bring their family and friends who are travelling with them on-board at the same time as them. I could be wrong. Maybe someone can verify that with Princess' Elite/Platinum service desk.

I'm sure if you are travelling with your children or grandchildren, and if you are Elite or Platinum members, you wouldn't want them to wait in a separate line and meet up later at the buffet, especially when you are in line together outside with everyone else.

Mumsyo, don't feel bad to bring your roomies with you through the Platinum check-in line. It's silly to have them go to a separate line for check-in if you are travelling together.

Just what is the "Express Line" ?
For those that have filled out all of their information in the Cruise Personalizer. May or may not be available and may or may not be truly express.

Archived