Booking Air Travel Far in Advance

LoneStar72

Just for grins, I thought I'd try to book the flights for our cruise that departs 12/28/2005. I'm using frequent flyer miles, so I wanted to book early to avoid the restrictions. Here's what I found:

Delta books no earlier than approximately 331 days in advance (the latest date that they were booking on July 28, 2004, was June 24, 2005.)

American books no earlier than 335 days in advance.

John

Something else to remember.. when fares are first put out there -like the very first day- they are about the cheapest that can be found.

I got my airfare for a february 2005 a few months ago for 123pp this includes all taxes and fees. Also--when you get your airfare this far in advance you better keep an eye on it for changes as stuff does happen

Lonestar, you will find most airlines don't book more than 331 days in advance. I booked JetBlue out of Boston for my March 2005 cruise, but their itinerary and price didn't come out until June 24, 2004. It was worth the wait, saved well over $100 per ticket than the other airlines.

Good luck, keep an eye on the prices and book as soon as you feel its a good deal. But don't wait, they change, sometimes, I swear, by the minute.

Archived