Tubing with a 7yo???

dad son team

I think my 7yo would really enjoy this adventure, but I have a concern about his age. Has anyone taken the X-stream kid friendly version? Also, is the only way to get into your tube by lowering yourself butt first down a rope? I am of the larger variety and I don't know if I would be able to do this.

Can't answer your question about the kid friendly cave tubing, but I do know that you don't have to lower yourself down a rope. You do have to lower yourself down a very little hill into the water. Once you get into the water, you can work yourself into the tube whatever way is easier for you! Have fun!

I'm really interested in this, too. I read one post about a family doing this and really enjoying it. My dd is 6, so finding something we can all enjoy in Belize without spending a fortune is becoming a bit of a challenge. This excursion is as much as I want to pay. If anyone has done this, please speak up!

• 2 weeks later...
for better or worse, we are cave tubing with a 5 and 10 year old on our EOS trip on 8/29 with reggie. I will post the results when we return. I did hire an extra guide to assist the kids. I will post when we return.

I am of the large variety as well and 50-something and not at all agile. I had no problem lowering myself into the water. The worst that could happen is you miss your tube and have to climb back on. One of the guides will help you if you have a problem.
I don't know about Reggie, but with Wet & Wild we had 2 kids on our tour who were maybe 7 & 9. Our guide kept them with him at all times - hooking them to his tube and keeping their parents right behind him.

Archived