Making my decision on where to go next

Donnask8pro

Ok, this is hard.

Destiny for Southern? Or Eastern?

But I am not sure whether I want Nassau,Bahamas or San Juan for Eastern. Your thoughts? That would help me with my presentation to our group. I know its only an opinion. Thanks

Trying not go go on the Triumph again. I loved it but want a new ship. Already done Miracle, Triumph and Sensation. :)

Ok, this is hard.

But I am not sure whether I want Nassau,Bahamas or San Juan for Eastern. Your thoughts? That would help me with my presentation to our group. I know its only an opinion. Thanks

Trying not go go on the Triumph again. I loved it but want a new ship. Already done Miracle, Triumph and Sensation. :)

If you have never done the Southern route and you love a port intensive cruise, Destiny would be my suggestion. Bear in mind that she isnt a new ship, but she goes to amazing places for great prices.

Is how "port intensive" your like your cruises to be. I really want to do Southern, but 5 port days kind of freaks me out, LOL. :D I'm the type of person that would want to be on the go the entire time, making sure I wasn't going to miss anything. I'd need a vacation FROM my vacation.

If you're thinking Eastern, have you considered the Valor? Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten (my favorite). Ship was beautiful. Loved everything about it. 3 port days, 3 sea days.

Good luck!

I like to be super active on my port days...which is why I can only handle 3 (maybe 4). We have a Jeep safari lined up for GC, private tour/Paradise beach for Coz and private tour/Dunn's River Falls for OR.

I did some reading over on the Grand Turk board (debating on maybe the Legend for our next cruise). Seems to me there's really nothing (literally) to do OTHER than a day at the beach. Which, personally, *I* wouldn't like much. My perfect cruise port day is half day (a.m.) doing some sort of excursion, followed by shopping and/or beaching it in the afternoon.

Ok, this is hard.

We did the Eastern last summer on the Triumph to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. We liked St. Thomas and St. Martin so much that I just booked the Eastern route on the Glory for this coming summer. We weren't crazy about San Juan, and the Glory stops in Nassau. The San Juan stop might have been okay, but we didn't get there until 3:00pm, so the sightseeing areas were closing. That left us just wandering around in Old San Juan for hours, which was okay, but you can only look in so many cheap t-shirt and beach towel shops.

I've never done the Southern Caribbean route. It looks great, but there are too many port stops for me. I've got to have a couple of "fun days at sea!"

Happy cruising!

Archived