Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Have not seen this mentioned so thought I would ask. Is there any location where either topless or nude sun bathing is allowed on board Const? Thanks.

From the Garden of Hedon

Dan and Denise

Yes, there is an area up front above deck 11 for topless sunbathing. It is clearly marked with no photography rule.

As I;ve stated previously since our Sept '04 TA on Connie, where I learned from the CD that we could bring booze back to our stateroom by bringing the navy blue Clelebrity tote bag with us, putting it at the feet of the salesman & he puts the bottle in it & we go. One bottle per day max.

I am reading that RCCL charges $9.50 consumption fee for each bottle taken. Another party posted an email from C/S stating that no more booze may be bought & taken to staterooms, just on last night. Yet folks could board at ports taking booze in carryons back with them. Men with boxes of beer on their shoulder ran them thru the scanner & kept walking with them. SO why not sell the booze????

Patris:

You should look on the Roll Call section of the boards to see who else might be sailing. If you can't find a post - start one yourself....There tons of fun. I just booked a trip that sails in Novemeber and found a roll call for it. There are over 60 people now attending the CC party.

Janine

Someone posted a list of tips for the Summit and I can't find it. We are going on the Summit to Mexico in October. when you hve to own the shares by. I know the information is somewhere but on this board but I can't find it. Thanks in advance

BenLyn.

You just have to own the shares before you sail. But I would buy them a couple of weeks before or a month because you have to have time to file your paperwork with the Miami office. Your credit is usually applied on the third day of your cruise.

The upgrade is always confusing. It is just a 'paper' upgrade available in certain catagories (not CC and above). The way it works is this. Say you want a cat 7. When you book, you tell your ta you are Captains Club and they will see that your cat 7 cabin is priced at the cat 8 price. It's not like someone comes and says, here, you are being upgraded to this cabin, Just a billing issue. And like I said, once you move up to the higher catagories, it doesn't apply. Usually saves about $40 per person.

BenLyn.

You just have to own the shares before you sail. But I would buy them a couple of weeks before or a month because you have to have time to file your paperwork with the Miami office. Your credit is usually applied on the third day of your cruise.

The upgrade is always confusing. It is just a 'paper' upgrade available in certain catagories (not CC and above). The way it works is this. Say you want a cat 7. When you book, you tell your ta you are Captains Club and they will see that your cat 7 cabin is priced at the cat 8 price. It's not like someone comes and says, here, you are being upgraded to this cabin, Just a billing issue. And like I said, once you move up to the higher catagories, it doesn't apply. Usually saves about $40 per person.

Tuggers -thanks for the information on the shares. Do I get the discount for each person ? if my wife owns 100 and I own 100 do we each get the discount? Who do we contact about the paper work?

As you may be able to tell, we are not experienced cruisers, even though this will be our 5th - the others were a long time ago. Appreciate all of the info here very much.

1 - We have the smallest of the small cabins (174 sq ft). Where does one store one's luggage? We have one very large suitcase that just fits under British Airway's 62 inch rule. It is very deep.

2 - do the rooms have those clotheslines in the shower/bathtubs? Are there bathtubs?

Thank you in advance for the info.

Tuggers -thanks for the information on the shares. Do I get the discount for each person ? if my wife owns 100 and I own 100 do we each get the discount? Who do we contact about the paper work?

Sorry, I do not believe you can get two credits, the terms and conditions say "Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom."

For specific information, see the documents on "Shareholder Discount" and "Shareholder FAQ" on the RCL Investor web site, http://www.rclinvestor.com/

BenLyn,

Sorry, I've been out and just got home! Widget is correct, it's one credit per stateroom. Now if you book your next cruise while onboard this cruise you can get up to a $200 onboard credit (depending on ;length of cruise) and you can stack that with the shareholders credit.

As you may be able to tell, we are not experienced cruisers, even though this will be our 5th - the others were a long time ago. Appreciate all of the info here very much.

1 - We have the smallest of the small cabins (174 sq ft). Where does one store one's luggage? We have one very large suitcase that just fits under British Airway's 62 inch rule. It is very deep.

2 - do the rooms have those clotheslines in the shower/bathtubs? Are there bathtubs?

Thank you in advance for the info.

You may find yourself lifting the bed up a bit to clear the side rails -- after which, there's a good bit of vertical room under there. Your length will be on issue, as you'll have the full width of the bed with which to work.

Cabins do all have the retractable lines in the shower.

Bathtubs in suites only.

It may seem that way but it isn't so. I bought stock in early July (late June?)and sent our brokerage statement to Celebrity and got the credit for a July 22 sailing on the Mercury last month. It was no problem at all. I think I even posted the number to fax your info to on a previous post somewhere online here.

Babs

I found the post... (If you don't get through via email, you may also fax a statement from your brokerage company, with your name, phone number and booking number to the Captain's Club (loyalty department) at 316-554-5979. They can apply your onboard credit there as well)

Can you stand one more question about rci stock? On the investor site, it sounds as if one needs to have purchased the stock before 15 April 05 in order to take advantage of the on board credit. Does this sound correct to you? Thanks for any help.

It's definitely confusing, but from what I was told it's supposed to mean that you must be a "recent" stockowner, as in, if you owned some shares but sold them before 15 April 05, then you would not be eligible. They definitely want more people to buy and hold shares.

It's definitely confusing, but from what I was told it's supposed to mean that you must be a "recent" stockowner, as in, if you owned some shares but sold them before 15 April 05, then you would not be eligible. They definitely want more people to buy and hold shares.

This is correct. I just got off the phone with shareholder benefits, and they confirmed it. I asked if they were going to extend the shipboard credit benefit for bookings made after May 1, 2006, but that decision hasn't been made yet. I got the impression they probably will extend it.

Bruce

You must own the stock when you cruise. You can't buy it, get the credit and sell it before you cruise. But why is this such a big deal. Buy the stock and keep it. It's still an under $5,000 investment! Let it sit there. I can't tell you how much money I've made on the onboard credits alone. Enough to pay for the stock! You won't get that kind of return on anything else.

The shareholder benefit is renewed (or not) at the annual stockholders meeting. That's why they don't know now about a year, almost, from now. But if recent history is any indication, they will renew it. Even if they don't, you can still use it on as many cruises as you want to BOOK before May, 2006.

Archived