Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

If I do have any more,I will be sure to ask you because you give wonderfully complete answers,thaank you so much! Coleridge

How to start a new thread:

Go to the main page of whichever message board you want to post on--in this case "Celebrity Cruises"

Look at the top left side where the posts start and you will see a button that says " New Thread" Click on that and you will start a brand new topic.

To respond to a thread click on the "Post Reply" button at the top or the bottom of the thread. If you want to respond to a particular post in the thread click on the "Quote" button so folks will know what you are responding to.

Any more questions? :D

If I do have any more,I will be sure to ask you because you give wonderfully complete answers,thaank you so much! Coleridge

You are very welcome :D That's what we are all here for--to help with the knowledge we have. I have learned a lot in my years here and it's only fitting that I pass it along whenever it's needed. :p

I just have to share that reading the discussion(loud) about shrimp in all of its ramifications has given me the first belly laugh I have had in many a hard,hard day! I can understand some of the people sort of losing it but thanks so much for the smiles.

for speaking as I stated. I am getting pretty sick of the delight of many to attack me. What a great group! Guess they haven't read the rules of CC on attaks.

With our wonderful Steward & his boss who kept tabs on cleaniless of CC AFT and everyone vacating the bar area for the morning & afternoon as we passed thru the Canal, I could be on the lounger with my ice bags enjoying meals & the view.

I just wait for the gangway to nab one of them & then we can mock them in their posts too..........

Others had undesirable happenings on Summit, which was far from Connie or Infinity in class, friendliness & service.

Again, she said that during the CANAL passage when everyone else was up FRONT, the aft outdoor buffet area was quiet and they enjoyed 2 meals there (because it was vacant with no one puking, see?). She's speaking of a specific time when it was nice and quiet and they enjoyed it. She was saying something positive. It has nothing to do with all the other times of day and night that they were displeased with the deck 9 aft cabins.

next one is 12/29 for $13 per 100 shares. Last quarter it was $15 per 100.

Correction :) See press release below. The dividend will again be $15 per 100 shares.

Royal Caribbean Declares Dividend

MIAMI, Dec. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Board of Directors of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL; Oslo) has declared a quarterly dividend of 15 cents per share for shareholders of record at the close of business on December 16, 2005, payable on December 29, 2005.

This is the 49th consecutive quarter Royal Caribbean's Board of Directors has voted to declare a dividend to shareholders.

for speaking as I stated. I am getting pretty sick of the delight of many to attack me. What a great group! Guess they haven't read the rules of CC on attaks.

With our wonderful Steward & his boss who kept tabs on cleaniless of CC AFT and everyone vacating the bar area for the morning & afternoon as we passed thru the Canal, I could be on the lounger with my ice bags enjoying meals & the view.

I just wait for the gangway to nab one of them & then we can mock them in their posts too..........

Others had undesirable happenings on Summit, which was far from Connie or Infinity in class, friendliness & service.

I was not attacking you, I was only trying to understand what your actual experience was. First you said your balcony was unuseable for the entire trip, then you said you had a wonderful time out there. Do you not agree that it is a bit contradictory?

Could you please explain the reference to "wait for the gangway to nab one them"?

And also,were the ice bags enjoying the meals and view?

I haven't had enough coffee this morning, and this post seemed a little fuzzy to me...

Karyn

When you were "nabbed" by the gangway was it intentional? Is this a liability issue for Celebrity? Should future cruisers demand that all gangways be inspected and/or replaced? Sounds very scary to have a cruise ruined by a gangway :mad:

Karyn:

From what I have gleaned from the posts, the poster was injured by a wayward gangway and the presence of a cold towel. That almost broke her foot. I assume that the ice packs were used to lessen the swelling that generally occurs when one almost breaks one's foot. ( I do have a medical background but am uncertain over the diagnosis of almost broken anythings)

It would appear that the ice bags were probably enjoying the view from the glorious vomit encrusted balcony because ice bags are full of eyes, or is that potatoes?

Karyn:

From what I have gleaned from the posts, the poster was injured by a wayward gangway and the presence of a cold towel. That almost broke her foot. I assume that the ice packs were used to lessen the swelling that generally occurs when one almost breaks one's foot. ( I do have a medical background but am uncertain over the diagnosis of almost broken anythings)

It would appear that the ice bags were probably enjoying the view from the glorious vomit encrusted balcony because ice bags are full of eyes, or is that potatoes?

O.K. I get it now....you know how those gangways can get...but I didn't know she was travelling with a "cold towel".

With you medical background...is an "almost broken foot" like being "a little bit pregnant"? I always get the two mixed up.

Karyn

Correction :) See press release below. The dividend will again be $15 per 100 shares.

Being VERY ignorant of stocks and such, would I be able to purchase the stocks without a stockbroker and their fees? Would I be able to purchase a few stocks at a time and get up to the 100 required to get the credit? Thanks for any assistance.

Yours truly,

Stock neophyte,

TechKnowBabble - I would discourage buying stock without a stock broker and for the sole purpose of getting the credit. The knowledge and experience of a stock broker is even more important for people who are new to the stock market. (No I'm not a stock broker.) I'm not trying to start a debate on the subject...just trying to be helpful.

Do you have to get off the boat at the time they assign you? We have a late afternoon flight home and are not in a rush and would rather not fight with the crowd. :(

You really should disembark at the proper time since your luggage will be waiting for you then. You may not be in a rush but the ships personnel are! They have to prepare the ship for the new arrivals, which may start to embark about noon or before, so you usually have to vacate your cabin by 8am. I know how you want to prolong your time on the ship, but there is nothing to do since all venues are closed until the new passengers come aboard.

There will be crowds coming and going! If you are the last person off the ship you would be faced with all the incoming traffic and passengers arriving to board for the next cruise. If there is more than 1 ship in port multiply that traffic!

I, for one, don't like the idea of my bags sitting out waiting for me to claim them for any longer than necessary. You don't hear of it too often, but bags have gone missing--either by design or accidentally picked up by someone whose bags look like yours. So, I suggest that you comply with the order of disembarkation that the ship has arranged. :)

Hmmm Celebrity secrets. Ok, how about the way that they now require the butlers to work a 16 hour day but instruct them to only book a maximum of 10 hours on their time cards, probably in violation of labor laws, I'm pretty sure that's a secret.

For passengers - if you have a suite (which we did on Infinity) ordering Martinis brought up to your room before dinner is no problem and very, very nice. Try the "Magic" it's awesome.

Being VERY ignorant of stocks and such, would I be able to purchase the stocks without a stockbroker and their fees? Would I be able to purchase a few stocks at a time and get up to the 100 required to get the credit? Thanks for any assistance.

Yours truly,

Stock neophyte,

In a short answer - no. You need to have an account and go through some sort of broker.

Additionally, buying the stock for the sole purpose of getting the credit could be a bad idea.

The stock is currently selling for about $46/share so 100 shares will set you back $4,600. To me, it doesn't make sense to set aside close to $5,000 to save $100 or $200. Also and a "normal" weekly or monthly price fluctuation could easily decrease the value of your stock by many times the $100 or $200 you might be trying to save.

Now if you have other investments and this stock generally fits in with your investment plans, so it makes sense for other reasons, and if you or your investment adviser follow the stock and feel it is generally a good buy for you, then that's another story.

There is nothing wrong with considering the extra discounts and such with determining if the stock is a good addition to your portfolio of investments, but I do think it is a mistake for someone who wouldn't otherwise hold any stocks to go out and spend $5,000 to own this stock without understanding the other reasons to own, or not own, this investment.

Hmmm Celebrity secrets. Ok, how about the way that they now require the butlers to work a 16 hour day but instruct them to only book a maximum of 10 hours on their time cards, probably in violation of labor laws, I'm pretty sure that's a secret.

Considering that cruiseline employees are not paid an hourly wage...

:(

Yours truly,

Stock neophyte,

Nikki--

You'll pay more for any stock that is purchased in increments of less than 100 (what is called a "round lot" in the industry) - typically @ $.50/share more.

As the others have stated, purchasing a stock just for the shipboard credit, or even for a dividend is a bad idea. If you paid a $20 flat fee/commission to purchase your stock and intend to sell the stock after your cruise (another $20 fee to sell) and the price of your 100 shares drops in value only 60 cents/share in the time that you own it - any advantage to owning those shares is nullified.

On the other hand, if you'd enjoy learning more about investing on your own, want to own a piece of RCL and believe that the price will continue to rise in the long run - this is a great way to start and the shipboard credit is a nice little additional benefit.

:)

Nikki--

You'll pay more for any stock that is purchased in increments of less than 100 (what is called a "round lot" in the industry) - typically @ $.50/share more.

As the others have stated, purchasing a stock just for the shipboard credit, or even for a dividend is a bad idea. If you paid a $20 flat fee/commission to purchase your stock and intend to sell the stock after your cruise (another $20 fee to sell) and the price of your 100 shares drops in value only 60 cents/share in the time that you own it - any advantage to owning those shares is nullified.

On the other hand, if you'd enjoy learning more about investing on your own, want to own a piece of RCL and believe that the price will continue to rise in the long run - this is a great way to start and the shipboard credit is a nice little additional benefit.

:)

Thanks for the input all. Yes I wanted to get the credit, but I also intended to hold on to it because *I* believe that cruising is the ONLY way to vacation and soon everyone will ;)

Lets start to post like adults & not second graders. These attacks are worse than a schoolyard bully.

As far as am almost broken foot - torn ligaments & chips are more painful than a clear break as the Doctor stated. My foot was 4 times the normal size & the great Summit crew outside the gangway just folded a cold towel around it for 2 minutes then told me to get aboard. No assistance, no doctor visit with them reporting it, nothing! The Safety Officer was quite upset at their lack. A report is to filed immediately. Not from the Doctor's office as he did with us getting the Safety Officer to meet with us & hear how I was yelled at to dispense my cup to the left & used towel to the right as the gangway was eating my foot. Then the lame brain pulling my arm, which was quite colorful from him, and getting ready to cut off my toes as it was sliding back & forth folding them again. My husband yelling to lift it up as 4 showed to do it, after 10 minutes.

Summit was like an inaugural cruise with no one knowing anything. Why a rocking ship has a gangway on cement & not lock in place............ Few elderly fell on it, another lady had her shoe cut in half & they refused a new pair, as she told us.

With these snow storms wince we got back it feels like cut glass inside of my foot..........

Guess this hasn't happened to you yet, and thank your God that it hasn't.

O.K. I get it now....you know how those gangways can get...but I didn't know she was traveling with a "cold towel".

With you medical background...is an "almost broken foot" like being "a little bit pregnant"? I always get the two mixed up.

Karyn

As far as am almost broken foot - torn ligaments & chips are more painful than a clear break as the Doctor stated. My foot was 4 times the normal size & the great Summit crew outside the gangway just folded a cold towel around it for 2 minutes then told me to get aboard. No assistance, no doctor visit with them reporting it, nothing! The Safety Officer was quite upset at their lack. A report is to filed immediately. Not from the Doctor's office as he did with us getting the Safety Officer to meet with us & hear how I was yelled at to dispense my cup to the left & used towel to the right as the gangway was eating my foot. Then the lame brain pulling my arm, which was quite colorful from him, and getting ready to cut off my toes as it was sliding back & forth folding them again. My husband yelling to lift it up as 4 showed to do it, after 10 minutes.

Wow:eek: This cruise of yours sounds an absolute disaster area. Another reason for you to post how awful it was. I wonder how this happened and if it was the fault of Celebrity or you weren't looking where you were going.

All this "yelling" by Celebrity and your husband too. Why do I get the impression that you bring these things on yourself.:confused: Sorry, just an observation.

Phil

Why do I get the impression that you bring these things on yourself.:confused: Sorry, just an observation.

Phil, it's not JUST you, there are numerous people on these boards who feel the same way---me included! :rolleyes: I believe in what goes around comes around!

Archived