Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

CC to the left of me...CC to the right. Good point. My last two cruises were back there in 8193 and 7195 respectively.

Just read your thread about disembarkation at Galvaston last week. And it looks like you're going back in 2 weeks from now. No comment there....just good luck on returning, but I'm curious about FO cabins on C-Class ships. To stay on topic about secrets...your pix make the sitting area on Galaxy FO class look uncomfortable (IMHO).....just convertable beds?? Is this a preference to the normal oceanview cabin to you anyway due to larger cabin size? They seem to be almost the only cabins left available for your cruise in January.....does that mean they are not as popular? I would think, however, that the new Century FV class with verandah might be a decent cabin.

Actually, the FO sitting area is comfortable - you can prop up in either direction. The one time we've had one, both of us managed to fall asleep reading in the aft "seat" at one time or another. The FO cabins are indeed substantially larger than anything on Galaxy or Mercury until you're in a suite -- about 210 sq ft. Only one of the two "sofa" looking areas is actually a convertable bed. The other is just for sitting.

Our preferences may be a bit confused, however. We prefer the SS on Sky Deck for C-Class since we also prefer a veranda. The FO was a one-time thing, but is the nicest of the ocean view (non-veranda) cabins we've seen on C-Class. [Note: The odd duck Century has some funny little "suites" back aft where some of the FO cabins are on Mercury and Galaxy. We haven't sailed Century, so haven't tried one of those, but if we ever do Century, will give them consideration. The Century will be far odder yet compared to Galaxy and Mercury when they're done!]

Our preference on M-Class ships is either aft CC or one of the FV cabins (when we're allowed to book them).

Hi,

I've only sailed on Celebrity once, and it was in CC where various things were available for breakfast.

The only thing I really am interested in would be bagel/croissant and lots of coffee. This would be available in a regular room, right?

Thank you.

Hi,

I've only sailed on Celebrity once, and it was in CC where various things were available for breakfast.

The only thing I really am interested in would be bagel/croissant and lots of coffee. This would be available in a regular room, right?

Thank you.

You bet -- they've got you covered.

I just wanted to drop a line to thank you all for the read, took me a day! LOL! My Fiance and I will be married March 4th and we will fly out on the 5th stay at hotel near Miami INT airport and will leave the Hotel on the 6th in morning. What would be a good arrival time to be there? When we come back on Zenith on the 11th of march we decided to take a later flight being our first time we didn't want to push our luck with arrival times and everyone being in a rush to make their own flights. Will there be any type of shuttle to the airport or should I expect to take a taxi to the airport? Thank you all again.

Jason

and

Stephanie

Hi,

We are going on the constellation 2/11 to the caribbean with our two kids, ages 8 1/2 and 5. Does anyone have any Celebrity 'secrets' or advice regarding the kids programs and activities?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi,

We are going on the constellation 2/11 to the caribbean with our two kids, ages 8 1/2 and 5. Does anyone have any Celebrity 'secrets' or advice regarding the kids programs and activities?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks,

Eric

Often, as you prepare to board, there will be someone between the check-in and the gangway that will see you with your children and ask to talk to you. This representative of the program will invite you up to the Fun Factory for a visit, explain the hours, and will give you a schedule of events for the program for your particular cruise. You'll undoubtedly want to rush right onto the ship, but instead, go ahead and take advantage of a moment to talk with this person and obtain the information being provided. This will give you a bit of a leg up on the plan for the trip.

No extra cruise credit, but an enormous amount of space (larger both inside and out than any of the Sky Suites -- in fact, your worst nightmare is that your guarantee gets upgraded to one!)..

Well the guarantee came in and there was good news and not too bad news. We got cabin 8183, which is one of the FV cabins, but not one on the corner. However, that's just fine with me....it's not an "upgrade" to the Sky Suite. I'm pleased.:) Been looking forward to trying one of these cabins since you recommended them months ago.

Thanks,

Rick

Well the guarantee came in and there was good news and not too bad news. We got cabin 8183, which is one of the FV cabins, but not one on the corner. However, that's just fine with me....it's not an "upgrade" to the Sky Suite. I'm pleased.:) Been looking forward to trying one of these cabins since you recommended them months ago.

Thanks,

Rick

Fantastic! I was a little worried for you there. We were in 8183 on Summit last December and loved it. I'm sure you will, too.

dmarch,

The best-kept secret of all is that you can get a shipboard credit on every Celebrity cruise by owning 100 shares of the common stock of the parent company, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL), either directly or through a brokerage or retirement account. The credit is $50 on cruises of five days or less, $100 on cruises of six to eight days, $200 on cruises of nine to thirteen days, and $250 on cruises of fourteen days or more, and is fully combinable with any other offer or promotion from Celebrity Cruises. For more information, see the form to obtain the discount (http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/rcl/reports/Shareholder_Benefit2.pdf) and the associated FAQ (http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/rcl/RCL_FAQ.pdf) on the parent company's investor web site (http://www.royalcaribbeaninvestor.com).

BTW, the discount also applies to cruises on sister line Royal Caribbean International.

Norm.

Are you treated any differently on board being a stockholder?

Are you treated any differently on board being a stockholder?

Nope. I don't think that they would know your stockholder status. Your benefit is the increasing value of the stock and the onboard credit.

Hi,

Thank you.

If you like lots of coffee, "order coffee for four instead of for just one"

RickandAnne:

How did you get that unbelieveable price on Constellation? I just checked the website and they have one FV available, but it's $1750 per person. We are practically neighbors. Please email me privately at

bubbie617 at aol dot com and let me know who your TA is. Thanks.

I was reading Celebrity's website about room service and if I understand it right, you can order of the diningroom breakfast menu between 7:30 and 10 AM no matter what cabin type you are in.

Am I understanding this correctly??

Astrid

I'll post some questions and then add some "secrets" from our one X cruise that we've been on:

1. Does anyone have a link to examples of the daily schedule for a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise? We're on the Infinity leaving March 12th but we're booked with CME@Sea which means great business write-off (being both docs) but I'm curious to see what we're going to miss by being "in class" on At Sea days.

2. Anyone else sailing with CME@Sea aboard the Inifinity in March? Or anyone BTDT with this organization? The CME@Sea site says we have "VIP" status on board. Any idea what that means? We're booked for a veranda on Vista deck, I believe.

Unfortunately, our "secrets" to share (which I didn't see anyone mention in earlier posts having read/skimmed them all) have to do with lost luggage. We sailed Infinity in 2003 7-day Inside Alaskan Passage. Our luggage ended up on the Summit for 3 days. If you have (heaven forbid) lost luggage while onboard - Celebrity provided us with free daily same-day laundry service, free rental for tux/formal wear/shoes (the only bag that we did get had our formal wear but no shoes for my husband), there are complimentary toiletry kits at guest services and they provided me with a lg Celebrity t-shirt to sleep in. Keep ALL receipts for anything you purchase. We ended up hopping a local bus in Juneau to get to Walmart so we could buy jeans, socks, underwear, etc as we had a Bike and Brew excursion scheduled for that afternoon. We also purchased a large duffle bag to take our new purchases home with us as there would be no way we could stuff them in with our other clothes. I was very disenchanted with Celebrity as it took months of calling to get our reimbursement but we're going to give them another chance this March. I did eventually get reimbursed for every single thing we bought including a couple of nice souvenir sweatshirts that we HAD to have 'cause it was COLD!

Eve

I was reading Celebrity's website about room service and if I understand it right, you can order of the diningroom breakfast menu between 7:30 and 10 AM no matter what cabin type you are in. Am I understanding this correctly?? Astrid

Here is the deal on room service from dining room. You can order off the dining room menu during hours it is open. This goes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Yes, from any type cabin.

I am new to Cruising and my first trip is coming-up fast - 12 Feb Panama Canal 14 nights on-board the Summit. Can anyone advise on the amount of storage space available in the Cabin ? Iam booked in a Concierge Class Cabin on Sky Deck.

After un-packing will the Steward take bags into storage ?

:)

Mack UK No, the room steward does not take your bags and put them in storage, but you will have plenty of room in your cabin. We always push our luggage under the bed, keeping one handy to get to so we can put our daily dirty clothes into it.

I know you will love cruising and you have picked a great cruise for your first one.............and the ship and too shabby either ;) We sailed the Summit from Alaska to California last September. Loved the ship! Check out the Martini bar :) and Bon Voyage!!!!

I am new to Cruising and my first trip is coming-up fast - 12 Feb Panama Canal 14 nights on-board the Summit. Can anyone advise on the amount of storage space available in the Cabin ? Iam booked in a Concierge Class Cabin on Sky Deck.

After un-packing will the Steward take bags into storage ?

:)

Most folks have enough storage space for their clothes and suticases. However, if your bags don't fit under the bed the steward will be happy to store them for you until the last day.

How many are in the cabin that you worry about baggage storage? The ship has a very nice laundry and dry cleaning service so you don't have to pack 14 days of clothes. We pack for 7 days, no matter how many days we'll be on the ship. Makes life so much easier! :D

Thanks Charlene & Bobster for your packing advice ... I much prefer to travel as light as possible and will make use of the on-board dry-cleaning service .... and I will certainly forget any concerns over cabin space !

On another topic ... I am booked into the first sitting at Dinner, does this mean 18.30 sharp ? Without sounding or being disrespectful to the other guests , what flexibility does Celebrity allow ?

I realise manners dictate punctuality and you should do all possible to be on-time ....especially for meals with new friends ... but I plan to spend as much time as possible exploring ashore at the various Ports of Call ... and I know my time-keeping can be erratic on occasion? :confused:

On another topic ... I am booked into the first sitting at Dinner, does this mean 18.30 sharp ? Without sounding or being disrespectful to the other guests , what flexibility does Celebrity allow

First seating is actually at 6:00pm. They like to have everyone seated by 6:15pm. If you are later than 6:30pm I would suggest trying the Poolside Grill open till 7pm, Aqua Spa Cafe 8pm, Sushi Cafe 10pm, Pizza & Pasta & Salad Bar 1am, or Casual Dining 10pm (with reservations made in advance if possible, if not, they will try to accomodate you anyway).

Archived