Is the Eurodam design a look at the Vista retool?

minitor

There have been some questions about the changes being made to the Westerdam at dry dock in April. The Captain spoke of three major changes: Adding 30 feet of deck at the stern, adding cabins with large windows to the observation deck and some work moving the Windstar cafe.

I took a look on the HAL website at the Eurodam deck plan and sure enough some of the changes coming for the Westerdam seem to have been incorporated into the Eurodam design.

You'll notice less of an angle to the stern of the ship and the cabins have been added to the Observation deck. This may be a look at the result of some of the changes to the Westerdam and possibly other Vista class ships in the future.

Good idea Brain.

I don't see some of the major changes that the Capt mentioned on our last cruise. They are probably there, I'm just not picking them up. Clear, there are no staterooms added to the observation deck as they are on the Eurodam (I don't think I like that name).

If you look at the HAL website - you'll see the exact changes that are going to be made to the first 3 Vistas per Westerdam's post May 9 deckplans...

Do you think someday they'll move the Noordam's Explorations Cafe up to the Crow's Nest also? (My bet is yes.)

When I was on the Noordam during the X-mas cruise the great Capt. Scott told the Mariner party about the Eurodam. Ok, we know we all don't like it however we have to get use to it. My dad who sailed on the Maiden voyage on the previous Ryndam sailing to Lyden for medical school thinks that they named it the Eurodam for the history of HAL. I think the descion to do this is because most of the old names that are in the history of HAL are extremely difficult to pronounce. So it must be easier to take a newer and modern name.

But lets get to the real reason I am writing this. Capt. Scott said that Eurodam will have an extra deck which will between the deck of the Crow's nest and the Sky deck. This new deck will have an extra resturant and also other staterooms. The changes to Westerdam, Oosterdam, and Zuiderdam are really plans that were decided on during the production of the Noordam. They decided that they can change the Rake(the back part of the ship) and increase the passenger capacity on the three other sister ships. Over the next couple of years the three sister will recieve this addition. It just shows you what they can do now adays in just a quick dry dock.

Geoffrey

Archived