Who has stayed at the Radisson Miami

Langley Cruisers

My family and I are staying at the Radisson in Miami and I have a couple of questions.

1. The floor to ceiling windows look like they have bars on them. Do they open a little for fresh air?

2. If you get stuck without a view room, can you see the port anywhere from the hotel i.e. Pool area or look out lounge etc.

3. Has anyone used the Bon Voyage package and was it worth it?

Thanks in advance,

Perry

I can tell you that my family stayed there two years ago and hated it! We did have a wonderful view from our room. It is not the safest area to stay at. We walked a couple blocks and got on a train/tram thingy and I think we are lucky to be alive! We so looked like tourists! Anyway, we wanted to go to the Bayside shopping etc...... that was nice. The alarms went off in the middle of the night about 10 times. The next morning when the RCCL bus came to get everyone, we all shared stories of how unsafe we all felt and really disliked the place! If you can, I would try to stay at a hotel right across the street from Bayside. You would be safer and have a great view.

No, not at all. We actually had a corner room on a higher floor and the windows were ceiling to floor. The room was cool but that was it! We just felt very unsafe as did the children. The pool was at the roof top and it was cold and a bit dirty and windy. Hope this helps.

We've stayed twice at the Radisson. Both times we had a corner room about the 11th floor, great views of the ships coming in and turning in the basin and then docking (make sure you ask for this type of room). The windows do not open and ours did not have bars on them. There is a pool at lobby level, just off a courtyard outside the bar/dining area. It was nice and it was busy, never bothered with the rooftop pool.

The "people mover" (it's free) is at the end of the block, we took this both times to Bayside, take a taxi back after dark. Downtown Miami is not where you want to be walking any kind of distance after dark.

The Radisson was fine but next time we sail out of Miami we are going to try the Intercontinental. We never book far enough in advance to get the Holiday Inn, where I would prefer to stay, being right across the street from Bayside.

Archived