Tequila Beach - Drinks in Open Bar

ejkj84

Dave I see you on the boards alot so you must know!!!? What beach is better, Tequila or Uvero? On the excursions listed for Carnival I don't see anything to do w/Tequila beach so you must have to go there on your own w/the bus into town. How much beach is there for walking at these areas? Thanks for your help! I am single and trying to decide what is better.

Anything that you want. They are served in plastic cups. Not very strong. If you want a strong drink, go to the Cat's Meow. A very large margarita for $4.50 that packs a punch.

Dave

Dave I see you on the boards alot so you must know!!!? What beach is better, Tequila or Uvero? On the excursions listed for Carnival I don't see anything to do w/Tequila beach so you must have to go there on your own w/the bus into town. How much beach is there for walking at these areas? Thanks for your help! I am single and trying to decide what is better.

Uvero is the nicer of the two beaches. The problem with Uvero is that it is 15 miles north of Costa Maya. They do have buses which run every 35 minutes back to the port.

At least with Tequila Beach, you can walk to Mahahual and then come back to Tequila Beach. You can sign up for Tequila Beach at Costa Maya at one of the kiosk. They will start at $40-45 for the all-inclusive. Depending on the number of ships in port, you should be able to talk them down. You then go around the corner to the bus/taxi stand. It is $3pp for the bus to town. The first stop is Tequila Beach. Make sure you let the driver know you wish to be dropped off there.

Both have long expanses of beach.

Dave

Uvero is the nicer of the two beaches. The problem with Uvero is that it is 15 miles north of Costa Maya. They do have buses which run every 35 minutes back to the port.

At least with Tequila Beach, you can walk to Mahahual and then come back to Tequila Beach. You can sign up for Tequila Beach at Costa Maya at one of the kiosk. They will start at $40-45 for the all-inclusive. Depending on the number of ships in port, you should be able to talk them down. You then go around the corner to the bus/taxi stand. It is $3pp for the bus to town. The first stop is Tequila Beach. Make sure you let the driver know you wish to be dropped off there.

Both have long expanses of beach.

Dave

We are thinking of booking in advance, well a $7 deposit per person on this website:

http://www.*****.com/FAQs.cfm

Is this a good deal, the $35 for the whole day with open bar, snacks, beach chair and umbrella? Also, does anyone know what the charge for a wave runner is once you get there?

We are thinking of booking in advance, well a $7 deposit per person on this website:

http://www.*****.com/FAQs.cfm

Is this a good deal, the $35 for the whole day with open bar, snacks, beach chair and umbrella? Also, does anyone know what the charge for a wave runner is once you get there?

I was there in November '06 and it was great!! IMO it's a good deal. Mention that you are a Cruise Critic member to Otto when you book, they have been running a promotion and I got $10.00 off per person of the price when I booked for our upcoming May '07 cruise. Sorry don't know about the wave runners.

I was there in November '06 and it was great!! IMO it's a good deal. Mention that you are a Cruise Critic member to Otto when you book, they have been running a promotion and I got $10.00 off per person of the price when I booked for our upcoming May '07 cruise. Sorry don't know about the wave runners.

How did you books yours? Online? I was going to do it online, and it looked like you just did the $7 deposit? Who is Otto, the owener of the Beach club, or website?

How did you books yours? Online? I was going to do it online, and it looked like you just did the $7 deposit? Who is Otto, the owener of the Beach club, or website?

I booked ours on-line at www.*****.com You are correct in that you'll have to pay $7.00 per person when you book, and the remainder when you arrive at TBC.

Otto is the Mgr. at TBC, he is a really nice guy who will go out of his way to ensure you have a good time there. Email him at otto@cost-maya-tours.com and ask about the promotion price for Cruise Critic members. He'll probably get back to you in an hour or so. Like I said we saved $10.00 per person with the promotion price, but you have to ask for it.

BTW the taxi from the pier to TBC is $3.00 per person and the return fare is $2:00 per person.

We had a really good time there last year and are looking forward to returning in May.

I hope this helps.

Double post!! Sorry. Stupid board

Thanks so much for the info, I think we may do that. So I should email him for the quote first and then do the booking online for the $7 per person? When we get there he will know that the balance we owe is $18?

Are there any restaurants or places to get a meal or large snack nearby?

Thanks so much for the info, I think we may do that. So I should email him for the quote first and then do the booking online for the $7 per person? When we get there he will know that the balance we owe is $18?

Are there any restaurants or places to get a meal or large snack nearby?

fozziscooter - I just booked Tequila beach online for our March 5th Fantasy cruise. I booked through www.*****.com , and all I did is mention the cruise critic discount in the comments box. Otto emailed me back the same day with my confirmation and total price. It say's right on the confirmation that the balance due upon arrival will be $18.00. I can't wait!

fozziscooter - I just booked Tequila beach online for our March 5th Fantasy cruise. I booked through www.*****.com , and all I did is mention the cruise critic discount in the comments box. Otto emailed me back the same day with my confirmation and total price. It say's right on the confirmation that the balance due upon arrival will be $18.00. I can't wait!

Thanks for the info!! Have fun on your cruise, and when you get back be sure to post about Otto and Tequila beach if you wouldn't mind.:)

We booked Tequila Beach online. We arrived in Costa Maya last Tues (2/13) and took a $3.00 tax to TB (wait for ride was kinda long - 30 mins). However, upon arrival (there were 13 of us) we were immediately welcomed and shown what was included and available - food (good), drink (open bar), beach (some grass and coral but plenty enough sand to play in), clean attended restrooms, showers, DJ. We were able to snorkel (only $25pp booked in advance) catching a boat right at the beach. We had a great time - even though some members of our group don't remember a thing about it. :)

I booked Tequila Beach two days ago and haven't heard back from Otto. I emailed him yesterday, still nothing. Has this ever happened to anyone? We should still be ok, right?

Thanks

He has always responded to my emails with an hour or so. Maybe it ot lost somewhere in transit, or he was not in or something. I'd send him another.

Good luck

Ok a couple questions... I will be going there and I am of age to drink but prefer not too or very little amounts. If I wanted to do the package that didn't include alcohol would I be able to just pay a couple bucks to have a lil added in one drink that day?

Also, I have heard the drinks are stronger in Mexico can you request them to be make your drink VERY weak?

Ok a couple questions... I will be going there and I am of age to drink but prefer not too or very little amounts. If I wanted to do the package that didn't include alcohol would I be able to just pay a couple bucks to have a lil added in one drink that day?

Also, I have heard the drinks are stronger in Mexico can you request them to be make your drink VERY weak?

You can book the package that is for use of the facility only. I found the drinks not to be strong there so you should not have to worry about that. You can then buy the drinks individually.

Dave

Archived