Red Car Trolley in LA

2Canucks

Is the Red Car Trolley close to the San Pedro cruiseship pier? Can a person just walk to it and board?? Can you just "stay on it" for a round trip back to where you started?? We aren't familiar with LA so don't want to venture too far on our own. It would be great to see the ship museum and other sightseeing places that are close to our pier! can you get on and off and still get back to where you started?? I just want to be sure we end up where we started!!

Pat :)

You can pick up the Red Car just outside the main gate into the Cruise Ship terminal. It's an easy walk. I don't know what the ridership rules are (whether you pay a round trip, one way or one time fare), but it doesn't go very far, so you won't have any problem catching it on the return. You can see the Maritime Museum and Ports of Call, that's about it on the direct route.

If you're just looking for a way to kill an hour (or more if you're planning on lunch), it's an amusing little ride, I hear. If you're staying overnight & want to see a bit more, I'd suggest staying in Long Beach and checking out the sights there - there's a lot more to do, you don't need a car if you stay at the hotels right downtown (some nice ones: Hyatt, Westin, Hilton, to name a few) and a cab ride to the port is about $20. I know you didn't ask for all that information, but I couldn't help myself!:)

There is a free "super Shuttle" to the gates of the port then you can board the trolley $1. all day off & on..you can also get on the bus to Cabrillo beach & the Aquarium with your ticket.

There was not much at the Ports of Call other than restaurants the Maritime Museum was very interesting.

Enjoy

Archived