Coke Cards

drewdie

Does NCL offer the same type of "Coke"card that RCCL does? You pay one price- usually around $30.00, and get a sticker on your key card that you show at the bars for soft drinks. We have found this to be very useful, especially for our teenagers.

Does NCL offer the same type of "Coke"card that RCCL does? You pay one price- usually around $30.00, and get a sticker on your key card that you show at the bars for soft drinks. We have found this to be very useful, especially for our teenagers.

Yes....It's a flate rate of $5.75/day.

You pay the first day for the entire cruise. From the NCL website:

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Soda Water

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $5.75 per day per person x Cruise days

You are also able to purchase a card on boarding in the Atrium. They have a table set up for it. This way you can use it immediately at lunch on boarding day. We have always found them to be the best way for us to go.

My wife is a diet Coke addict, and we usually go right up to the pool bar as soon as we board any of the ships we've been on, and purchase the sticker, which as I recall, entitles you to a Coke container with top, for Coke products from the bar tap. I do not believe the sticker entitles you to prepaid Coke products in a can, at least that's been my wife's experience. ;)

NCL also has a nice option for the teens for smoothies. It's a book of coupons and can be used to purchase fruit smooties and virgin frozen drinks. They can be used for sodas as well though sodas are cheaper purchased individually.

• 3 weeks later...
My wife is a diet Coke addict, and we usually go right up to the pool bar as soon as we board any of the ships we've been on, and purchase the sticker, which as I recall, entitles you to a Coke container with top, for Coke products from the bar tap. I do not believe the sticker entitles you to prepaid Coke products in a can, at least that's been my wife's experience. ;)

Is this still available for adults as well as kids. I thought it was only available for kids?

From Cruizinwithkids:

"NCL also has a nice option for the teens for smoothies. It's a book of coupons and can be used to purchase fruit smooties and virgin frozen drinks."

Fruit Smoothies, YUM! I wish this card could be for teens & adults! (I'm not a soda or alcohol drinker!)

They'll give you a glass if you have the sticker on your card -- no need to carry the glass around, unless you want to. In fact, last time we got a soda card, they didn't even give us the "coke cup".

NCL also has a nice option for the teens for smoothies. It's a book of coupons and can be used to purchase fruit smooties and virgin frozen drinks. They can be used for sodas as well though sodas are cheaper purchased individually.

Can an 11 year old child buy the smoothies coupon book? how many coupons? Would this last all week or should we buy the soda card with it? How much are these coupon books? Thanks Natdal

You pay the first day for the entire cruise. From the NCL website:

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, Soda Water

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $5.75 per day per person x Cruise days

I read this on their website too and my husband is a major pepsi drinker. Neither of us like Coke. Do they allow tea, juice at breakfast or any other drinks besides Coke products?:(

Natdal -- ask about the smoothie coupons when you board the ship. You can normally purchase them at any of the bars, or there will probably be carts set up poolside where they also sell them. They won't let you order one in advance without a passenger who is actually "teen" age, but we were able to purchase them for our 18 & 20 year olds once onboard. I forget what the exact price is, but the booklet contains 20 coupons, which is more than enough smoothies for the week, but I personally wouldn't use them for sodas.

The cost is great for the smoothies, but you couldn't be saving anything if you were using them for sodas. Also, they could have tightened up on the age rules since we got ours almost 3 years ago.

Yukon111 -- they will have juice available at breakfast, but not during the rest of the day. Coffee is always available, but I'm not sure about tea. If you're pepsi drinkers, the best solution is to carry you own onboard. Just carry it on with you. As long as you're not taking enough to supply the ship, they don't seem to have any problem with your bringing your own soda onboard.

Yes they do. I'm not sure what the kid's price is or what the cutoff age is either. As on RCI, you have to purchase it for the length of the cruise.

(And not to quibble, but the RCI price for adults for several years has been $6 per day times length of cruise plus tax (if purchased in port) and 15% gratuity. It works out to about $48 for the standard 7-night cruise.)

beachchick

We've never bothered to pre-buy. I've read complaints from other cruisers who said that the stickers weren't in their rooms, and it made it more difficult instead of easier.

They'll set up carts around the ship to sell them -- we've always seen them up on the pool deck the first day -- and I think you can also just get them at the bars.

Archived