Cabins to avoid on Crown Princess

Macwoman

We are thinking of booking on the crown in aug. We have never been on a princess ship. Are there cabins or areas where we should not get a cabin?? We have cruised 5-6 other times so we already know they will be small in size. It will be 2 of us in each cabin.

Thanx

Macwoman

You may want to avoid the cabins on the Riviera Deck unless they are all the way forward. The ones under the pool deck area are extremely noisy at all times of day and night. People on the Aloha Deck didn't seem to experience the same problems, but there were several people we met that booked (upgraded??) rooms on the Riviera Deck that had complaints of noise in their rooms from the grill, pizza station, ping pong, pool chair set up, etc from the deck above. These were pricey rooms, so don't know why they increased the price for such uncomfortable rooms. We asked the folks directly forward from us, and they weren't bothered by the noise, however, I believe they were directly under a room and not the pool deck. Junior Suites are towards midship and did heard a lot of complaints from those people.

Also, the Dolphin Deck houses more (junior?) suites and the balconies jut out beyond those of the upper decks. We could look down from our balcony onto theirs without any problem. I may not want to book one of those rooms in rough waters....know what I mean? Some passengers don't use the bathroom for seasickness but instead might be ill right off their balcony landing on the balcony of the suite below. Ouch....walked out onto our balcony with that experience every morning during Hurricane Rita. Maybe ones to avoid!! Maybe not...guess it depends on who is directly above you.

The rooms on the Crown Princess, however, are quite spacious and comfortable. The bedding is to die for ... as is the walk in closet!! Quite a bit more spacious than some staterooms. We sailed in a room that was 124 sq ft at one time ... so guess everything seems roomy after that. But, don't think you will be disappointed with the room comfort....but on the Crown, I think the cabin selection may make or break your experience. I would definitely suggest the aloha, baja or caribe decks...staterooms with one right above and one directly below.

Also...this is an aside, but you simply must try the international cafe. Most of the items are without charge ... yummy!!!!!!!

Caribe and Dolphin decks have larger balconies. That might be something that you're interested in.

As for poor Cruise Raider that woke up to a surprise every morning from some inconsiderate person wretching off their balcony, I'm certainly HOPING this is a one-off type of situation. We're booked for an aft Dolphin balcony cabin on this ship in July and believe me if I woke up to that mess in the morning it wouldn't be more than once before I'd be complaining loud and long to someone about it. How utterly disgusting!

Kim

We booked a mini suite for our August cruise on the Crown and that is on Dolphin deck. I think it depends on what you are looking for. If you want an uncovered balcony and a bigger room, book a mini suite on Dolphin. If you want a large balcony and a regular room, book on Caribe. Caribe balconies are the largest and they are mostly covered.

Also,if you are a light sleeper, I would suggest booking on a deck that is sandwiched between two other, cabin only decks. Dolphin through Aloha decks would be the best bet.

What dates are you looking at?

I'm sure you enjoy whatever you book, you'll have a great time!

We are looking at the August 10th cruise. My hubby really wanted a full suite and over the w/e they sold out. I am just going back to work after shoulder surgery and just couldn't face putting the deposit down. I may though today just go ahead and book a mini-suite and and at least have that room. We were looking at RCCL to Bermuda, but it costs almost if not more then the 9 day.........and that cruise is only 5 days!!!!!

Thanks for the help...............

Okay I did it..........I booked for the 9 day and got a mini-suite!!! There were only 4 left and didn't want to take a chance and not get one. We are going aug 10th..............

Holy Cow!! Can't beleive I did it!!!!!

Macwoman

You may want to avoid the cabins on the Riviera Deck unless they are all the way forward. The ones under the pool deck area are extremely noisy at all times of day and night. People on the Aloha Deck didn't seem to experience the same problems, but there were several people we met that booked (upgraded??) rooms on the Riviera Deck that had complaints of noise in their rooms from the grill, pizza station, ping pong, pool chair set up, etc from the deck above. These were pricey rooms, so don't know why they increased the price for such uncomfortable rooms. We asked the folks directly forward from us, and they weren't bothered by the noise, however, I believe they were directly under a room and not the pool deck. Junior Suites are towards midship and did heard a lot of complaints from those people.

Also, the Dolphin Deck houses more (junior?) suites and the balconies jut out beyond those of the upper decks. We could look down from our balcony onto theirs without any problem. I may not want to book one of those rooms in rough waters....know what I mean? Some passengers don't use the bathroom for seasickness but instead might be ill right off their balcony landing on the balcony of the suite below. Ouch....walked out onto our balcony with that experience every morning during Hurricane Rita. Maybe ones to avoid!! Maybe not...guess it depends on who is directly above you.

The rooms on the Crown Princess, however, are quite spacious and comfortable. The bedding is to die for ... as is the walk in closet!! Quite a bit more spacious than some staterooms. We sailed in a room that was 124 sq ft at one time ... so guess everything seems roomy after that. But, don't think you will be disappointed with the room comfort....but on the Crown, I think the cabin selection may make or break your experience. I would definitely suggest the aloha, baja or caribe decks...staterooms with one right above and one directly below.

Also...this is an aside, but you simply must try the international cafe. Most of the items are without charge ... yummy!!!!!!!

WE have sailed on two Princess ships, The Sea Princess and most recently the older Sun Princess. In each case we have always been mid ship and depending on size of your ship choose between 4 to 10 rooms off the lifts. In the future however I am going to book for the Superior Ocean View and get a larger room.

Archived