Noordam (or similiar) Aft Cabin Questions...need ASAP

SakeDad

I am looking at booking an aft cabin (have 7139 on Rotterdam deck held) on an Alaska trip 5/20. My questions are: Does anyone have experience with this deck? Agent said cabin avail on Navigation deck (34' deck vs 27') but thought noise from above on Lido may be a problem...is it?

Also, taking my 70 year old mother who moves well, has only been on one 3 day Ensenda cruise but loved it. Should I worry about getting aft (I'm an avid photographer) or just go for a VC...it's only a $200.00 differance total and I can afford it. Or I could book an SS for $300.00 more than the aft??? Would the SS be worth the difference? I'm willing to pay to get the best but only when it's worth it. Also, not sure how many excursions she'll want vs just walking around each port and discovering things.

Sorry if this is long winded but I thought I'd try to ask everything at once.:confused: I need to make a decision tomorrow (2/22) most likely.

Thanks for all your help in advance:D

SakeDad, I would definitely go with the aft if possible. On the Oosterdam the 5187 corner aft is by far my favorite cabin. The view a wonderful which make for great photography. Unfortunately in the aft I always stay on the Verandah Deck, deck 5 so I cannot answer about the Rotterdam Deck for noise although I have never heard anyone complain about noise on any of the aft cabins.

We have something in common SakeDad, beside the fact I love Sake my home turf is the St Rose and Eastern area;)

Just returned from a January Noordam cruise and stayed on the Rotterdam floor.....Suite 7086. We were two thirds back on the port side. I never heard any noise at all.

This ship is so well built that I would be so surprised if noise was a factor unless you had really wild neighbors.

Have fun!

Thanks....I was also told the SB corners are available but HAL said they try to keep these for wheechair only...but since it's only 3 months out should I feel OK about taking one of these? Would love a corner aft!!!

I guess it would help to explain whay I'm so scattered....

I'm on the road with a national tour of a show. I just decided to take mom on this trip and I won't be home until April! I am doing all of this via the internet and, at the moment, a slow hotel connection!:mad:

I have used this site before with MUCHO success so I am relying heavily on it again:rolleyes:

I am trying to book it through *****.com and have found an agent with a pretty good rate. After having read many posts tonight I have emailed her to check all the "S" cabins and for guarantee rates as well to see if I can get a better cabin at a good rate. I have come to the conclusion that in Alaska unless you have a corner aft then afts really don't make that much difference.

Again, I'm trying to do this all last minute, on the internet, far from home and with no TA (although I was a corporate one in the 80's) so I'm a little at a disadvantage when it comes to easy answers here. I appreciate ANY help you can give me. Also, I can ONLY go the week of 5/18-20 for 7 days and Mom wants Alaska so that's why I'm doing this.

Thanks for helping and understanding.....Lisa, I hope to meet you at GVR one day!!

Nathan

Archived