Key West Country Club

luvtacruise27

Was just wondering if anyone out there has ever played golf at the KW Country Club. Would love to surpise my DH for his 50th with a round of golf, but not sure if the course is worth the $145 excursion fee (I understand the ship's golf pro takes them to the club, plays a few holes with them and then returns to take them back to ship). Any comments welcome. Thanks.:)

luvtacruise27

I play this course every other Monday. The back nine greens are still a little rough from Hurricane Wilma. But the front nine has been re-done and is in great shape.

All in all, it is a great course. I would recommend taking a taxi instead. You'll save about $40.00 pp. For non-locals, they charge about $100.00 during the winter season, which includes cart fee. In the summer, prices drop substantially.

• 2 weeks later...

luv,

I would say it comes down to this: is this the first time in Key West? Will you ever be back? We went to Bermuda and played a round - dh played, I was a rider along and for both $150. This was 2003. And.....turning 50 is special. I should know, I'll turn that in April. So, if you aren't sure when you'll next be down there, if ever, I'd say go for it and play. After paying all the money to cruise, if you have no shore excursions, why not? If you can afford it, go for it!

Also, consider this. This summer, they are closing the back nine to repair the greens and some fairways from Hurricane Wilma. 18 holes will consist of playing the front nine twice. This can create some crowding.

Paul,

Do you think it would be a better idea to golf the next time we come to the keys. I'm sure we'll be back in the not too distant future (I love the keys).

marilyn

P.S. nice pictures of Florida Keys Living! :cool:

Thank you Marilyn. You know, all things considered, you may want to wait. When you are here in August, the back 9 will be closed for the needed repair. The lines on the front 9 will probably turn a 4 hr game into 5. It really is a great course. But, I would suggest waiting until it is back in tip-top condition.

Either way, enjoy your 50th. Congratulations!

Archived