Sun Princess

Miss Jolly

Hello, I am not confused. I will be taking my first HAL cruise in August/September and can't wait.:D Mr friend just called and asked my opinion on Sun Princess as she has just booked a family cruise on her for Christmas (first time cruising). After cruising on Pacific Princess and Coral Princess in 2005, I gave stunning encouragement. However, she is worried as apparantly she has read several disappointing reviews on CC saying that the ship is very run down and has poor service. Does anybody have recent experiences (good or bad) on Sun Princess please?

Thank you as always for your help.

Jennie

Hello, I am not confused. I will be taking my first HAL cruise in August/September and can't wait.:D Mr friend just called and asked my opinion on Sun Princess as she has just booked a family cruise on her for Christmas (first time cruising). After cruising on Pacific Princess and Coral Princess in 2005, I gave stunning encouragement. However, she is worried as apparantly she has read several disappointing reviews on CC saying that the ship is very run down and has poor service. Does anybody have recent experiences (good or bad) on Sun Princess please?

Thank you as always for your help.

Jennie

Although some of the negative reviews are objective, most come from people looking for a place to vent or trash a cruise line. Additionally, what is cool to one person, it may be the worst experience to the person standing next to you.

We were on a 10 day cruise on the Sun Princess in December. Although the ship does seem to be showing its age, it was clean and classy. The service was very good, especially in the DR. I would not hesitate to book another cruise on her again.

We were on the Sun Princess Easter break of 06. We had our family of 6! The ship I thought was in good condition, although she is 10+ years old. She is little worn in spots but nothing to make any bump in her vacation! None what so ever! The dining room service was outstanding, food was spectacular! The Lido needed work, as my preference is, I do not like the layout of the buffet. Just my preference! What she needs to remember is that family vacations are completely different than couple vacations.....Her children will love it and they(Parents) will also. But it won't be the same, only because their children will be with them.....The itinerary on the Sun is spectacular and they will have a very enjoyable time seeing all of the "southern" Islands. I cannot comment on the shows, as we did chauffer our children to the kids clubs activities and pick them up also. The shows interferred with all the times we had to deliver and pick up our children. We are very protective parents at home and tend to be much more protective on vacation. Tell her to not let her guard down and keep a watchful eye on her kids. Ships are not inclusive to 100% safety. Although I am sure they are basically pretty safe for children, you never really know what could happen. She should just keep a watchful eye open to her surroundings. Her kids should always have a buddy system. ALWAYS! no matter on a ship or at land or in the airport. Hope she has an enjoyable time with her family.

I think on every line, the older ships tend to get trashed more than the newer ones simply because I'm sure there are people out there who booked the cruise without doing any research whatsoever and are disappointed when they arrive at the dock that they're not on the latest, greatest thing. Then they rip the line and ship apart in their review when they return.

Take any and all reviews with a grain of salt :)

Archived