PRIVATE TAXI TOUR PRICES IN TORTOLA DOMINICA and ANTIGUA

TOM CRUIZES

We are looking for some idea of Taxi tour prices either per person, per Van/hourly rate, in Tortola, Dominica and Antigua, also are the the Taxi's readily available and do they have 6-7 seat vans, any info would be appreciated also tour suggestions.

thanks

Hi..We used Lawerence of Antigua in January and the price I believe was $35/person. He actually had a larger bus and we also a minivan. Very good tour lasterd about 3 1/2 hours.. I read many great reviews about him prior to our cruise.

The Ports of Call Board is your best option for info on specific ports. Here's the link ~ http://messages.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=7&f=5

When we were in Tortola, we went to Virgin Gorda to the Baths via a ship excursion, but I'm sure there is a lot of good info on the P of C boards.

In Antigua, we picked up an open air taxi just outside the port. Antigua is a small island and I believe we paid $20-25pp for a tour of about 3-4 hours. It was well worth it. Our guide was named Herod (I think) and he was a soccer player.

We are yet to visit Dominica, so have nothing there.

Check out the P of C boards for knowledgeable and up-to-date info.

Thanks all for the help, we have booked a private tour in Tortola with McCleans tours, hope to just pick up a Taxi in Antigua and are going to wait until we arrive Dominica to decide after Sea Princess missed it out due to heavy? swell.

I'd like to recommend that you email gordon@antiguapremiertours.com for a wonderful, comprehensive tour of Antigua for about $35 apiece! It's such a beautiful island! Don't miss Nelson's Dockyard, Devil's Bridge, and Betty's Hope! The four of us really enjoyed Gordon, too, and his immaculate van. We were on Sea Princess for 14 days over the holidays and considered Antigua one of our favorite islands of the 10 we toured. He met us after we disembarked & returned us to the downtown area at the tour's conclusion at our request.

In Dominica, we used Beno, whom we recommend without reservation. :) If you'd like more information, please let me know.

Hope this helped.

GG

We used Beno Tours in Dominica last September. He does a good tour at reasonable price and his van is air conditioned. Hes a proud Dominica native and very informative. Our tour lasted about 5 hours as he showed us around the island...including Trafalgar Falls, the banana plantations, Emerald Pool, and more.

I dont think he has a website, but his email address is:

benox265 /at/ hotmail . com

We used "Fredos" in Dominica in October, but I would not book him again. He had 2 smaller bus's. We got stuck with the 2nd beat up junker while the majority were on the nice bus with Fredo himself. Our driver was a friend of his who does not normally drive a tour around. :rolleyes:

We were not happy campers, I would try Benos, he was our second choice.

Hi GG & txflyer thanks for the information, have emailed Gordon so will see what happens, as regards Dominica do you have a email for Beno.

thanks again

Here is Beno's email benox265@hotmail.com

He is a wonderful guide, and Dominica is a beautiful island, impossible to see without a driver. It's rainforest, waterfalls, gorgeous scenery. Hope you can book him. I know you will be pleased. :)

Have a great cruise!

GG

• 1 year later...
We are looking for some idea of Taxi tour prices either per person, per Van/hourly rate, in Tortola, Dominica and Antigua, also are the the Taxi's readily available and do they have 6-7 seat vans, any info would be appreciated also tour suggestions.

thanks

Try this Tom. We had a great day. I booked for four last year and mentioned that there were others interested on the day and they readily found other transport. Plenty of rum punch and other goodies as well as points of interested. We finished the tour on a nice beach for a swim.

http://www.antiguanice.com/lawrence_of_antigua/index.html

We also stopped at Tortola which used to be the rum point for the Royal Navy- lots of links if you search- so I was very interested as there are places which still sell copies of rum jars etc but the main thing on the jetty was open sided mini busses doing the smae tour which appeared very good. We stayed at the port as my wife wasn't feeling well.

Archived