"Q" for Frank del Rio

ClaudiaF

Guest Jancruz

Ok Meow, I concede that you are correct...but it is hard to admit people that are supposed to do their job fail so miserably..:(

Jan:)

Esther and Claudia, my point was that you play with the cards dealt. If the coupon expires within a certain timeframe, you don't let it lapse, you use it.

I made two bookings for 2006, a March transatlantic, and a November Med. sailing. The November booking may well change when the new schedules, beginning November 2006, are released, but, in the meantime, I've not forfeited the $200.

For a comparison, not exactly same, but, relevant, Radisson's onboard booking policy requires you to make an actual booking, no "OPEN" bookings. I'm familiar with the practices that the Rad. regulars follow.....they book the least expensive, far out schedule wise, cabin while onboard and then change to what they want at some time in the future, and, they realize the 5% onboard booking savings.

Aaannnthony

I think I'm confused. Yes, I don't want to lose $200, but I don't want to make a booking that I know I'm going to cancel. Having said that, I am not adverse to checking the website when we return home from a cruise and booking something I KNOW we're going to use. We have various cruises booked now through March of 2007, so I definitely do look ahead.

Esther

Dear LVTAPPER:

While I do read these Boards, the purpose of these Boards is not to expect me or anyone else at Oceania Cruises to solve individual problems.

If you had the misfortune of choosing the wrong travel agent, you can fix your mistake by simply writing us a letter asking for your booking to be transferred to another travel agent. The travel agent works for you, if you are not happy with them, by all means, find another.

Given that our customer service department has already told you that they would try to move you to the Majestic, I don't know what you want me to do. If the hotel has space, you'll get the room. If they are sold out, I'm afraid your out of luck.

Frank

Well as a Cruise Agent, I agree with Frank DelRio - if your agent is not doing the job, then find another one, its that simple. If you don't like your Doctor or Dentist, what do you do?? you find another one. He is right, the TA works for you, so if they aren't doing the job ------ enough said.

Frank - I think it is great that you read, and actually post on this board. But I totallly agree with you, its not your job to solve everyone's problems. You are doing the people on this board a very great courtesy to even read and respond to their posts - so to those who are posting here, try to remember that Frank has a lot of other things to do other than just sit and post/respond to questions... and be grateful for his responses - push it too hard, he might decide to give this up! I think if you have a valid suggestion, he might take that seriously - but at least on this particular thread, you'all are taking total advantage of him.

OK, so I know I will get totally slamed for this, but thats my opinion. BTW, Claudia, as usual you are totally on the mark!

- but at least on this particular thread, you'all are taking total advantage of him.

While you have made a good point, the word "you'all" is not correct. I, for one, have not taken advantage of anyone, nor have I asked anyone on this thread to do anything. I only posted my experience and opinion, and at times analyses (which may be informative to other readers)!

Sorry Meow, I did word that wrong. I do apologize, in that the way I worded it seemed to indicate that everyone was taking advantage of FDR. I should have left it at the fact that FDR was doing this board a favor by even reading, much less responding, and that some posters were expecting a little too much! I will probably get slamed for that too - but whatever.:o :rolleyes:

Mr. Del Rio, I do appreciate your reading (and answering) my query. You are correct --

it's not your problem, but mine and I apologize for taking up your time. I did not know that we could switch TAs once we booked our cruise. I am a comparitive

"newbie" to this chat line. As I said in my original post, I am looking forward to sailing on Oceania inasmuch as we adored Renaissance. LV TAPPER

Without wishing to seem pedantic, FDR is actually not doing everyone a favour in reading these boards, but is acting responsibly as CEO in seeing the good and sometimes bad of a cruise on Oceania. A little like a Doctor reading medical magazines to keep up to speed.

I do however commend FDR in his reponses which are genuinely constructive and the sign of a man who cares.

Brian

• 7 months later...

Please help .... we do not want to stay at the Hilton and as of now the Majestic is filled. Thank you for your attention. We're very impressed that you read this chat line and participate and look forward to the cruise. This is the first itinerary we were able to avail ourselves of (having been on so many cruises), but we are so looking forward to it as we just loved the Renaissance cruises we have taken!

We recently stayed at the HILTON in Barcelona before going to Rio. the hotel is fine, there are better. If you cannot change, try to get on the concierge floor. We stayed on that floor and had a great breakfast in the morning, and great cocktails in the evening( all gratis)( nice cavas, good wines and decent tapas). The hotel is 1 block from the Corte Ingles, where you can purchase things to bring on the cruise( or things like saffron, etc to bring home). We loved the Hilton because of the perks that are there if you arrange for them in advance.

Archived