How long for check to come from Carnival

Garv816

Because I made my final payment before the price drop Carnival would not give me OBC, they are sending me a check instead. It's been about three weeks, just curious if anybody knows how long this usually takes? My TA said she didn't know. Thanks

We have always gotten OCB when there is a price drop after final payment, maybe this is some kind of new policy but i would think Carnival would rather apply a credit to your account rather than sending one a check because the OBC is going to be used on their ship so they are really not loosing any money.

Because I made my final payment before the price drop Carnival would not give me OBC, they are sending me a check instead. It's been about three weeks, just curious if anybody knows how long this usually takes? My TA said she didn't know. Thanks

If I were you...I would call your TA back and ask for a 3 way call with Carnival. I suspect when you mention that she will miraculously come up with a new story.

Many TA's like to play games. They know you cant talk to Carnival, so they make up a story and when Carnival doesnt send you the OBC, they blame the cruiseline.

Then again you might just have a clueless TA.

Either way, I would call and request a 3 way call, so you can make sure what your TA is telling you is the same thing that Carnival is saying to your TA.

I went through a large wholesale store. I don't know if I can write it on here, but it was Costco. Can they do a threeway call. I would prefer OBC, of course. They said I would get a check from both them and Carnival.

Little side note: Ohiojeff I wrote on another post too about your Strormtrooper. Everytime I looked at it, I laugh out loud. I want one of those:D

How did you pay? Did you pay the TA with a credit card? If you did. They will more than likely send a check to your TA. Then your TA has to credit your card back.

When I canx my b2b this year, we re-booked another and had the $ applied to that, there was $1200 left over. They credited it back to my card, wouldnt leave it as OBC. Thats ok either way for us.

But I had asked if they wee going to send a check, they told me that they wouldnt just it would be back on the card.

Your TA probably pays them with a check. So you would have to find out when TA actually got the check ( if they did ) and ask ( demand ) your money.

Sounds confusing but.

Tim

Our first Carnival cruise was a family group cruise arranged through a TA. The ship developed propulsion problems and had to return early to Miami without visiting any ports. Everyone onboard was given a refund. The refund was announced on Thursday. We were back in Miami on Saturday. The funds had been credited to our account on Monday.

If you paid for the cruise with a personal check then perhaps you are receiving the full story. If you paid by Credit Card I would be concerned and request the three way call.

Archived