Interior Promenade view cabins

SuziQT

We are considering an interior promenade view cabin. I'm curious to hear feedback on your experiences with these rooms.

Were you able to sleep ok or was there light coming through from the promenade 24 hours a day? Did you hear noise from the promenade? Did you feel like people could look into your cabin from across the way?

Our sons stayed in a promenade cabin on AOS and we have two more reserved on Freedom this summer. They actually loved these rooms. They thought it was great to people watch, and yes you can see across the way! When they pulled the drapes the cabin was very dark. We were all on deck 7 and they said the only noise was during the parade and it was muffled.

These cabins were smaller than our D2 cabin across the hall.

We stayed in one of the new family promenade staterooms for our Freedom cruise in December. It was really very nice and we had a ton of space. I do have several pictures on webshots- just click on my link below to view. I didn't notice much noise at all and I loved being able to have the perfect view of the parades from our room. It was awesome!!

The cabins have blackout curtains so that light coming from the Promenade is not a problem. As for nosie, the window glass is quite thick. Routine noise from the Promenade will not penetrate the windows. The only time you can hear noise from the Promenade is when they are having a special event such as one of the parades. Other than that, the Promenade cabins are great.

The cabins have blackout curtains so that light coming from the Promenade is not a problem. As for nosie, the window glass is quite thick. Routine noise from the Promenade will not penetrate the windows. The only time you can hear noise from the Promenade is when they are having a special event such as one of the parades. Other than that, the Promenade cabins are great.

We've stayed in PR cabins on the Navigator and Mariner. I am not a fan of them. However, that being said, if it was a choice of staying in one, or not sailing... PR cabin all the way.

Light was never a problem, but noise was. We're early morning people, so the noise later at night was bad. Not just during parades either.

We've stayed in PR cabins on the Navigator and Mariner. I am not a fan of them. However, that being said, if it was a choice of staying in one, or not sailing... PR cabin all the way.

Light was never a problem, but noise was. We're early morning people, so the noise later at night was bad. Not just during parades either.

Noise was not an issue for us. Honstly, you hear convrsations as folks pass your room in the corridor far more clearly than anything from the Promenade. For folks who wouldn't stay in one because you can see in if the curtains are open. then I presume you would not take a balcony either. At most ports, you are right across from another room (on a different ship).

We really enjoyed our PR cabins last summer. There was a little noise (we were on deck 7) but it didn't really bother us. We could hear a band one night but it was very muffled. The room gets very dark with the curtains closed. I liked the little window seat to sit and people watch in. We could tell when there was no line at the cafe! I would book these rooms again. This year we lucked into 9376/9381 so I grabbed them but had planned to book 2 PR's.

We stayed in two interconnecting promenade rooms on Voyageur. (2 adults, 2 teens)

We never found Noise, light or privacy to be a problem. Just close the drapes, and its like an inside cabin.

However, on our first cruise, we had a balcony, and it kind of spoiled us.

I look at the promenade as a bit of a novelty, and a step up from an inside (with no view whatsoever). Try it!!! :D

We had a PR room on the Explorer last March. Believe me I know the room inside and out as we were quarantined for 48 hours!! I was not sick but my husband was....We actually have booked a PR room for Voyager in April because it was cheap, and I love to people watch!!!

I heard no noise from the parades, or anything...Remember to shut your curtains or you will give everyone a show!!!

BOOK IT!!

We sailed in a PR on Voyager, and have sailed all types of cabins on other cruises from JS down to insides. We really enjoyed the Voyager PR much more than an aft balcony on Mariner and have another PR booked for a BTB this summer on Mariner. We love aft balconies but not on the Voyager class ships. We had no noise issues with the PR, and we actually wished we could hear the parades better or that they could be simulcast on the in cabin TV to improve the sound quality while viewing parades from the room. The PR's are excellent for people watching and when the drapes are closed, they are completely dark and private.

What's a promanade inside room, seems like its contradictory to have a inside room with a view?

My first RCI cruise is not until April, so hopefully this mystery will reveal itself then if I dont find out :)

All of the Voyager Class ships (Voyager, Explorer, Navigator, Adventurer, & Mariner) and the Freedom Class ships have what RCCL calls a "Royal Promenade" in them. It's an area 4 decks tall with shops, bars and cafes on the lower level. The 3 upper levels have cabins that look down into the Promenade area... those are Promenade Rooms (Category PR). They are priced higher than an inside, but lower than an oceanview room.

Here's a picture of the Royal Promenade on Mariner... You can see the bowed windows of the Promenade Cabins.

20118797-M.jpg

Archived