Loved the Century -- what ship should I try next?

topsailgirl

Just got back from my first cruise in many years and was aboard the Century. I was mightily impressed. The ship, although not new, was in fine shape and my room was quiet (stayed in sky suite in deck 12) and the service was everything I could hope for. Given what a great time I had on Century I am reluctant to try another ship. But I am contemplating a different intinerary than Century sails so I am looking at other Celebrity Ships.

If I loved Century and loved my location on the ship, what ship(s) should I consider and in what category rooms (or decks) should I stay? (or avoid). Just wondering if there are other Celebrity Ship experiences that would "wow" me even more!

I am looking at perhaps an Alaskan cruise to be specific but am considering some other places as well....My husband and I are older cruisers and don't need alot of "action", but rather love good food, beautiful surroundings, comfortable and quiet rooms, and a helpful staff.

All suggestions are appreciated!:)

I been on six different X ships. Century was my first. Other than size of the ship, I think experience is very much the same on all the ships. For the most part, I think a larger ship just provides more shopping on board. I recommend picking the X itinerary that you want and don't worry about the ship.

If you enjoyed the Century then you should try any of the "Millennium Class" ships. They carry only about 5% more passengers,but have almost 30% more space (cubic tonnage of displacement). If you tried Muranos on Century then you'd enjoy the speciality restaurants on these 4 ships. we 've done every Celebrity ship, except for the Millennium, and thoroughly have enjoyed the Infinity, Summit and Constellation. We're doing Alaska this September on the Summit.

will be sailing on the Century on March 5th.....can't wait! Have been on the Mercury in Alaska 1999, and the Infinity last February..... loved it..... great entertainment, food and fun, but must say I am really looking forward to the Solstice:p :p :p .....

Archived