PG. Suite B and above perks.

hotzej

Considering PG in the near future. Have noticed threads that indicate suites and balconies are not necessary. We have traveled extensively on HAL in Deluxe Suites. What exta perks are available with the butler service? Any difference between A and B?

Thank you,

Bill

In our opinion, just being on this lovely ship is a perk. I do feel that having a balcony on this particular cruise is a big plus.

The weather and views in the South Pacific are extraordinary. We are not typically "room service" people but enjoyed breakfast every morning on our balcony. Room Service on the PG is wonderful (as it is on other Regent ships). This is one cruise where I would definitely recommend a balcony suite.

We did not have a Penthouse Suite on the PG. At the moment I cannot recall if Penthouse Suites are larger on that ship (they are larger on the Mariner but are not much larger on the Voyager). While having a butler is nice, we did it once and did not feel it was worth the extra money (we were offered a last minute upgrade to Penthouse A for a "nominal" cost on the Voyager last summer.) The butler was nice but really did little more than the Stewardess' do (i.e. our butler served breakfast in our room on the Voyager -- on the PG, the stewardess served breakfast - both great service). The butler does deliver small appetizers in the afternoon -- however, there is so much food available that we didn't really need the appetizers.

I think you'll love the PG as well as the great Regent service, food, etc. All the suites on the ship are lovely -- we feel it's worth the money to upgrade to a balcony suite but not necessarily to the Penthouse level.

Hope this helps!:)

• 2 weeks later...

We traveled on the PG in 2005 in a cat. B suite. The butler was really the only perk I can recall - and it wasn't worth the extra $$. He brought canapes in the evening to our suite - and that was it. We also had been cruising on HAL in suites - we have discovered that the smallest cabin on a RSSC ship beats anything on HAL. You are going to be treated to fabulous food and great service everywhere on the ship. Have a great trip. Be warned that you won't be able to go back to HAL. We did a HAL cruise last year because of a great itinerary for a last minute trip - we were just shocked at what a lousy experience it was. We have been spoiled!!

Archived