Love Princess will I enjoy Celebrity?

purplechic7106

Hi Lori!

We will be taking Coral Princess to Alaska. Believe it or not--our balcony on Coral is the same price as what we looked into for an oceanview on Journey to Bermuda.

We will miss Bermuda this year. :( But I have been planning to go to Alaska for almost 2 yrs now. With Bermuda going up in $$(ala X), we decided this year in conjunction with my 50th and celebrating the end of college tuitions for my girls (YAY) the timing seems right. Friends of ours did this same ship and itinerary last summer and raved about it, so it will be our first Princess to date.

Karen...sounds wonderful. I have heard that Princess does Alaska very well. People do rave about their Alaska cruises and also their land part of the trip. I'm sure you will have a great time. Congrats on the birthday and the end of college tuition. I have a loooong way to go for that day LOL (not the birthday the tuition part :D )

Karen...sounds wonderful. I have heard that Princess does Alaska very well. People do rave about their Alaska cruises and also their land part of the trip. I'm sure you will have a great time. Congrats on the birthday and the end of college tuition. I have a loooong way to go for that day LOL (not the birthday the tuition part :D )

DH and I agree that Princess and Royal Caribbean are our favorites. Our 1st experience on X went fine, but we don’t intent to cruise with them again for at least another 10 years (as we are only 40 and too young for this 10 day cruising crowd). Daytime entertainment is very slow. Evening entertainment is stuffy. (Except Cirque du Soleil -- - - that was the BEST show EVER!!!) We prefer 10 day cruises, because we can, and know it generally draws an older crowd (and we prefer fewer children). But IMO there just was not enough to do on X.

DH hated that the buffet was not 24/7.

The staff was wonderful on X, always professional and warm. Although they were putting in a LOT of extra hours due to Nor virus on the ship, they did their extra duties and still managed a smile and kind word.

Yes, we’ll probably sail X again, but I think we’ll wait several year, unless we try a 7 night to get a younger crowd.

We are sooooo looking forward to our next cruise . . .

Golden Princess April ’07 - 10 Mexican Riviera

Constellation Oct. ’06 – (8185 Cabin off back of ship) 11 Western Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas April ’06 (9258 Cabin off back of ship) - 10 Panama Canal

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – 10 Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 – 10 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Cabin off back of ship) – 7 Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 – 10 Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 – 7 Mexican Riviera

Grand Princess '02 - 7 Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 - 7 Eastern Caribbean

Archived