Kids Crew Info

saraisarai

We were on the 2/10 sailing of the Star with our 34-month-old daughter and 10 year old nephew. You do sign up the first night (or whenever you choose to start) and on that form put all people allowed to pickup the child. On sea days the schedule was 9am - noon, 2-5pm, and 7(I think 8pm the 1st night) - 10pm. The kids were split up into age groups of 2-5yrs, 6-9yrs, and 10-12yrs and have planned activities suited to the age group. My nephew could hardly wait to get to Kid's Crew as he met friends and had ooodles of fun.

My almost-3 yr old is somewhat meek and, though she had a fabulous time when she stayed, she perfected a new level of hysterics several times when we tried to take her. The counselors were great with this, however. They tried to take her and distract her and if that didn't work they allowed me to hang out (outside the door) so she knew I hadn't left. Once she finally was caught up in whatever, the counselors assured me they would page me (they have special pagers for those kids not potty trained as the counselors are not allowed to even help the kids in the bathroom area). We never got a page and came back to a cheery teddy bear, princess and alien (some of the dressing up they did) each time. On the potty note. She's almost fully trained but chose to put her in pull ups 'just in case' so she wouldn't be embarrassed or be drenched in case of an accident. The counselors were not at all 'diaper shy' and allowed her to stay in her pull-up about 1/2 hour instead of calling me since she was having so much fun...I thought that was great.

On port days the kids club was closed until the evening session (although I think one day they did the 2 pm shift...oh yes, because we were out of port at 1pm.). There was a fantastic kids pool/play area, too.

Oh, there were also parent/kid activities like a pizza making party and a kids talent show.

We all had a blast!

I will post pictures soon and amend this.

Cheers,

Wendy

She will love it. We were on the Star last year and just got off the Dawn and my boys loved it. My son was 2 on the Star and he was a little nervous about going, but this year being 3 he was ready to go even when his brother was tired. LOL They had a blast too.

They won't allow swim diapers in any pool even the kid pool, so it is good she is potty trained. They enforce the rule too. Nice to hope the water is a little cleaner too.

Have a great trip!!!!!

Can you tell me anything about the kids talent show? DD(10) has done the talent shows on the Disney and Carnival cruises we have been on and would like information on Norwegian since we are thinking about travelling on the Jewel over Thanksgiving. She prefers tap dancing but Carnival did not allow taps in their shows. Does anyone know if Norwegian allows tap shoes? Thanks for the info.

Archived