Did I Pick the wrong cruise?

Rolling Stoned

Stoned -

Definately go on the cruise then write us a review from your point of view! I, for one, would love to read it and you'd probably be helping a lot of others who have the same worries.

I too would like to read your review, please post it on your return:D

We love cruising also never thought we would but I have always loved to travel no that I am hooked on cruising I cannot get enough!!!

Two thumbs up to you! You have an excellent attitude and I can't wait to hear how it went.

Now you have to promise to come back and tell us all about it! Ya hear? :)

Bon voyage!

Again, I appreciate all the great advice(and pats). We're going on the Grand March 17. I will be sure to write a review on return. It's the least I can do in trade for all the info I pick up here. You CC folks are cool. Thanks again.:)

Again, I appreciate all the great advice(and pats). We're going on the Grand March 17. I will be sure to write a review on return. It's the least I can do in trade for all the info I pick up here. You CC folks are cool. Thanks again.:)

Rolling, I think you should pack at least one pair of Dockers or other casual slacks and a couple of collared shirts. I also wear jeans the majority of the time, but you don't want to eat at the buffet every night. I had no issues with slipping on the slacks, going to dinner, then immediately back out of them.:D

Also, have you checked out our roll call thread for the March 17 sailing? You can interact there with others going on this same cruise. You have some catching up to do as there are over 300 posts now.

The link is http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=320674

Have fun on your cruise. I don't do the auctions, I don't gamble and don't like the formal dining. I like the buffets though. What I do a lot of is sleeping on the lounge chairs by the pool. The cruise is what you make of it, and I know you'll have a good time. Enjoy yourself!

I don't own any suits or dress shoes and don't plan on ever owning (or renting) them....Also, is there a jail onboard?

For my first four cruises, I used suits I picked up at a local “thrift shop. As I recall, my first suit cost $1.73, no joke. I now use a $110 Wal-Mart job and a $130 Kohl’s number. I also found some “Rockport” shoes that are great. Wing tip uppers with an athletic shoe type sole. A couple of dress shirts and ties and your set.

I’m sure there are hundreds of people who are on every ship who also go the casual route without a problem. I would suggest going with the thrift store or borrow a suit for at least one formal night so at least you can say you tried it.

As far as a jail, I’m sure there is a room somewhere that can be used as a brig. That should not be your issue. If you do something that bad, you will find your self on at the dock with all your luggage, tiring to figure on how to get back to the states.

Archived