Athens - Rome 04/18/07 First time

canolli

We did the Rome to Athens cruise this past fall, and it was wonderful. Does your cruise include Santorini, Mykonos, and Amalfi? We loved those places. It was by far our best vacation ever, although we are not as well traveled, and as well-cruised, as many of the folks on Oceania (or perhaps other) cruises! If you have specific questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them. I also posted some photos on http://www.pbase.com/roothy123 - look for Italy/Greece album!

Ruth

Thank you so much for posting your beautiful pictures of Italy and Greece. I hope ours turn out as good as yours! We are on Insignia's April cruise from Barcelona to Athens and are excited about the fast approaching trip. Without the postings from people on this board, we would be totally lost!

Thanks for sharing.

Rooth,

Tks for the Pics.. Please tell my what you think of PBase.com.. Pros and Cons.

Thanks a million. DW and I are cruising fom Venice to Instanbul in November and want the easiest and best quality photo sharing service we can find.

Tks again, Marvin

Marvin - I have put photos on Snapfish, dotphoto, and a couple other sites, but ended up using pBase the last year or so. It's by far my favorite - mostly because it seems more flexible (more on that later) than others, and also because you can select a template for displaying your photos, which makes the whole process more creative for me. On the other hand, if you don't care about the template, you can simply use a very basic one - very easy. Another thing I like is that if you have a camera and software that saves photo info (exposure, ISO, lens, etc.), then this information is transferred to pbase, which can be useful later when looking at pictures. If, however, you don't want that stuff viewable, you can hide it. I mentioned that I like the flexibility. What I meant is that viewers can view the photos a number of different ways. If they're in a hurry, they can look at the tiny photos and captions and be done with it. If they want to see a slideshow, they can ask for that. If they want to enlarge a photo (or two, or three) they can do that. (I feel I'm boring and burdening people less if I simply give them the link and let them choose how to view the photos! I'm sure some people just want to view the snapshots - so this way they can!) Getting the photos on the site is pretty easy, although I do it the slow way, compressing each photo and loading each invidividually. I think there's a faster way, but I just do it slow and steady. I print my own pictures, so I can't tell you how, or even if, you can get pbase to make prints - or what the quality is like. The service is not free, but it's reasonable, and with all the stuff I've loaded so far, I still haven't reached my maximum allowed amount. The only thing that I would like to see is a way to attach my notes on my cruises - or at least to have more room to expand on the captions so that I could add abbreviated notes. There is a blog feature mentioned, but I don't think that's what I'm looking for. However, I haven't really had a chance to explore that. Anyway, I recommend pBase.

tenn lady -Barcelona! We departed from there on our first Oceania cruise three years ago. Loved it so much. Did I put my Barcelona to Lisbon photos on pbase, or are they somewhere else? I can't remember. If they're somewhere else, and you'd like a link, let me know.

Roothy,

I did not see the pictures from Barcelona on pBase. Would love to see them if you have time. I've been reconfirming our tour guides today and trying to keep it all straight. This cruise with pre and post days seems to have taken on a life of its own!

Thanks

Archived