Rooms near elevators

Hello,

We are sailing on the Mariner in April and we just found out from our TA which cabin we are in. Looking on the map of the Mariner, I am a little disappointed because it is almost right across from the elevators. Anyone have any insight on how noisy it is and how congested it will be?

Thanks for your input

Just getting back from the Mariner earlier this month I recall that the elevators are set apart from the cabins - at least on Deck 7 they were - we came out of our hallway had to go thru past the stair well around a corner to get to the elevator. It may be different on other decks.

Just getting back from the Mariner earlier this month I recall that the elevators are set apart from the cabins - at least on Deck 7 they were - we came out of our hallway had to go thru past the stair well around a corner to get to the elevator. It may be different on other decks.

Hi bullsfan,

Welcome to CC! You and I must have been neighbors on the 2/4/07 sailing....we were in 7618 (center of hump, port side)

To the OP, you will love the convenient location near the elevators, especially if you have been wearing high heels for a while!

Thanks to everyone who replied. that makes me feel better. You are right, it will be convienant and after wearing my high heels for the wedding, i might be happy to get a quick relief and not have to travel all the way down the hall:)

We have been in cabins on the hump on 4 out of 6 of our cruises and love it. We now always request cabin 6618-6620 and have never been bothered by noise. It is so convenient after a long night to just walk up one flight of steps and be at your door. The center of the ship is wonderful. You will really enjoy this location. We were in 6616 on the 2/4/07 Mariner OTS cruise and had a wonderful time.

Hi bullsfan,

Welcome to CC! You and I must have been neighbors on the 2/4/07 sailing....we were in 7618 (center of hump, port side)

Kittymom65 - Thanks for the welcome. I've only been on the board a week but you are my first welcome so thanks! We were in 7657 - inside just down the hall a piece.......We booked on board for 11/18 and got 7300 balcony. We can hardly wait!!!

I found even on Enchantment where we were just 2 doors from the elevator it was very quiet. And so nice not to have to walk very far!

Also was near elevator on Radiance and was worried. Never heard a THING! When we went on Enchantment we were far away from the elevator and what a walk it was. So this time I purposely booked a cabin near the elevators on Explorer.:D

We have had hump cabins before on Brilliance near the elevators and it was really quiet - didnt hear a peep. Fantastic location for nipping back to the cabin.

2005 we sailed P&O (never again!) and as we booked late we were really far to the aft. It was a joke after the 4th day having to walk all that way. We were right in the middle of the lifts so whichever one we took there was a hike to the cabin. I had to take my shoes off one formal evening because my heels were killing me:mad: Midship everytime for us- would rather risk a little bit of noise than that bloomin' walk!:)

Hello,

We are sailing on the Mariner in April and we just found out from our TA which cabin we are in. Looking on the map of the Mariner, I am a little disappointed because it is almost right across from the elevators. Anyone have any insight on how noisy it is and how congested it will be?

Thanks for your input

We were in hump cabin on Explorer, closest to the elevators, but in an off set hall. No noise, and super convenient. Just run up 1 flight to Windjammer, pool, etc.:)

We always try to book 1552 on deck 10. It is close to the elevator, and we never hear noise. When we went on Princess in January the only suite left was Baja 749. It was at the end of the corridor, and it was a long walk from anywhere to our cabin. Granted that was Princess, and the layouts are quite different. This was an aft, but I would have preferred somewhere mid-ship.

Tasha

We had 8320 on the Mariner and to date it's the best location we've ever had. I didn't notice any additional noise from being close to the elevators.

The last night, while putting our bags out in the hallway, we realized we were standing in the hallway in our pjs... good for a laugh.

A tiny bit OT here....I noticed the OP said they were sailing in April and JUST found out from their TA where their cabin is. When you book with a TA, don't they let you pick your cabin yourself? I always tell my TA the vicinity I want and she gets back to me with some choices and we go from there. By the time we book we know EXACTLY which cabin we're in. If I wanted to be surprised, I'd book a GTY.

A tiny bit OT here....I noticed the OP said they were sailing in April and JUST found out from their TA where their cabin is. When you book with a TA, don't they let you pick your cabin yourself? I always tell my TA the vicinity I want and she gets back to me with some choices and we go from there. By the time we book we know EXACTLY which cabin we're in. If I wanted to be surprised, I'd book a GTY.

We are booking for a large group of 55 people for my wedding. I didn't really know any better since none of us cruise alot. I think my TA wanted to have us all close to each other (on the same floor at least). I just wanted to have her book everything and coordinate it all.

To be honest, since I am so neew to cruising... I didn't even know what a room on the hump meant until now. I learn something new everyday:)

We have been in cabins on the hump on 4 out of 6 of our cruises and love it. We now always request cabin 6618-6620 and have never been bothered by noise. It is so convenient after a long night to just walk up one flight of steps and be at your door. The center of the ship is wonderful. You will really enjoy this location. We were in 6616 on the 2/4/07 Mariner OTS cruise and had a wonderful time.

Hi,

We are in cabin 6618 on Mariner June 24th and are really excited. Would you happpen to have any pictures? I've heard this is a wonderful location, very central.

Archived