Why oh why do they serve Tater tots in the Dining room?

createmem

We just returned from the Valor - and I have one question as this was only my second time on Carnival - but have been on other cruise lines many times....

Why did they serve tater tots in the Dining room at breakfast and call it hash browns - but yet they have regular hash browns - which are quite tasty at the Lido deck buffet?

I personally prefer hash browns in their traditional form - if I wanted tater tots - I could have stayed home with the kids - we have them serveral times a week at home!

I didn't see what I considered tater tots at breakfast. Now I will have to say that they weren't the kind of hash browns I am use to here. They were more like the hash browns you get at Macdonald's. I could take them or leave them. Sorry you didn't like them

I've never seen tater tots, they would be MUCH better than those "potato rounds" they always have that taste like rubber. I'll say that on the Fantasy they had DELISH hash brown "rounds" but instead of the preformed frozen jobbies they always have, they resembled those made from scratch... perfectly seasoned. However, in the dining room they served those round things... blech! I admit though... I loved tater tots as a kid and would probably eat them if they served them for breakfast :D Definintely never seen anything that resembled traditional hash browns though... I would MUCH prefer REAL hash browns, but that ain't gonna happen :(

I would think that the change would be fleetwide, but who knows. On our 2/12 Legend cruise they switched from the hockey pucks over to what could be called 'home fries'. They even had onions in them :D. Here in the NE homefries are cut from spuds and are all different sizes, grilled with onions and sometimes peppers till golden brown and filled with 'heart healthy butter/grease' LOL CCL's are all little nuggets- better than pucks and RCI's version too :D

Cover it in white gravy and you'll never know the difference. Ali McG's plate for breakfast is like a volcano of white lava.

mmmmmmm

Problem is, that "gravy" they serve on Carnival is more like that white paste we used to play with in Kindergarten :eek: LOL!!! Some things they do well... but they should leave "country gravy" to the Southerners :D

We just got off the Fantasy and the hashbrowns on the buffet line were great. Just like my dad made when I was little!! Is the Fantasy the only ship with these good hashbrowns??? We are going on the Legend in June and was looking forward to having them again!!

Beware- guard your tots...

I searched for a definition on tater tots and found this story

A teenager was shot Monday afternoon after he was arguing over tater tots with another teen, San Antonio Police said.

I looked further and found a story about a lady buying lingerie and tater tots in the same purchase...

at least they have yet (to my knowledge) to serve tater tot casserole which seems to be quite popular on the internet...

Archived