NCL STAR: 3/6/07 - Self booked excursion help!

airlinerob

Does anyone have any suggestions for good self-booked excursions that I can book in any of the following ports:

- Alcapulco

- Cabo San Lucas

- Puerto Vallarta

- Ixtapa

I like to book things on my own (cheaper). It will be for myself, my partner and my parents...

Are wave runners available in any of these cities? My partner and I used them in Cococay last year and really enjoyed it.

We are not interested in snorkeling / scuba diving, etc. We are interested in sightseeing, etc.

Any suggestions, websites to see, etc would be greatly appreciated!

We took the Star in December and loved the ports. We did all tours on our own and loved them.

Our favorite was Pez Gato sail/snorkel tour in Cabo. It leaves at 11 AM and gets back at 3 PM which is perfect for the Star's inport schedule. We chased whales, snorkeled at Santa Maria Beach and Lover's Beach, light lunch and an open bar. We had a blast.

In Aca, we toured the day with Rosie; again a great time.

In PV we did the couples neged massage at Krystal and Pipi's for lunch and then tequilla tasting. Again a blast.

At Zie, we did the beach day at Los Gatos. Water taxi over to the beach and then we got chairs, lunch and tropical drinks with beautiful sunshine.

We loved all the ports! You can find info for all these here. Pez Gato has a web site and there is 15% coupon good forup to 4 people (cost was $45/person minus 15%), a great bargain.

we were on the Star last Feb.; my husband and 19 year old daughter spent the day sailing out of P.V. (we booked it through the ship but I believe you can also book through P.V. tours which you can find on the net).They had a wonderful day of sailing, drinks, lunch and relaxation. They both said they would definately do it again & it is what I am planning on doing when we go again in April. My son and I did the ATV's and that was fun but not for the faint of heart.

We took the Star in December and loved the ports. We did all tours on our own and loved them.

Our favorite was Pez Gato sail/snorkel tour in Cabo. It leaves at 11 AM and gets back at 3 PM which is perfect for the Star's inport schedule. We chased whales, snorkeled at Santa Maria Beach and Lover's Beach, light lunch and an open bar. We had a blast.

In PV we did the couples neged massage at Krystal and Pipi's for lunch and then tequilla tasting. Again a blast.

At Zie, we did the beach day at Los Gatos. Water taxi over to the beach and then we got chairs, lunch and tropical drinks with beautiful sunshine.

We loved all the ports! You can find info for all these here. Pez Gato has a web site and there is 15% coupon good forup to 4 people (cost was $45/person minus 15%), a great bargain.

The Star had engine problems this weekend so if you book privatly make sure you can get your money back if the Star continues to have problems and can't make ports on time.

How can I contact Rosie in Acapulco? That sounds great to me!

I have seen you on here last night and today. Why dont'you go to our rollcall NCL, March 6, and pick up info not only on the ports but people on the same cruise as you are on.

Sue is handling the tour with Rosie, that is if we make it to Acapulca and as of right now it doen't look like we will, or Ixtapa/Z either. Will probably run in to you on the ship. :cool:

As far as I know the Star is going to be in Mazatlan on the 3rd of March so who knows. Maybe go to their web site and check it out there. Doesn't mean they will tell you but worth a shot.

Also heard good things about Rosie in Acapolco. Just beware that the venders there are more than persistant and we found them down right rude! We don't cruise to there anymore just because of the vender situation.:eek:

Good luck the Star is a Beautiful ship:)

Scruffers

March 6th itinery has changed. No Acapulco! 2 days at sea , Manzanillo, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, day at sea arive LA 9AM. Be smart, check out our roll call fror March 6th. There's lots of information and a great group.

March 6th itinery has changed. No Acapulco! 2 days at sea , Manzanillo, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, day at sea arive LA 9AM. Be smart, check out our roll call fror March 6th. There's lots of information and a great group.

I'm not really into "group" activities.... Sorry! :-(

I actually booked a private tour in Mazatlan.... Booked it today when I found out that they were going to cancel Acapulco.

Is the NCL Star having issues with the azipods again? I sailed last Christmas and they changed our itinerary this same way, it was a shame, but the cruise was still wonderful and the ship is gorgeous.

Los Cabos ~ you can do your own "Lands End Boat Tour" there will be tons of vendors right when you get off in port; you should be able to get it for about $10-$12, which is much nicer than the ship's price. These tours leave right from this area, no need to get a taxi. They will also let you off at Lover's Beach or other beaches if you like, lots of fun and well worth it!

Puerto Vallarta ~ went horseback riding with Rancho Ojos del Agua. They picked us up at the pier and took us on a private horseback riding tour (4 of us with a guide and a young teenager who was assisting and very helpful). We had a 3 hour tour with lunch, it was very well done and quite enjoyable. They also offered to drop us off downtown or back at the ship afterwards. It was roughly $35 a person; much more reasonable than booking on board.

Mazatlan ~ went to the beach, if I go back I want to go to Stone Island.

Manzanillo ~ walked around downtown (not much to see IMHO), then went to a beach which was decent, I liked the other three ports a lot better.

Have a great cruise!

Archived