and my SO

I would like MANY pictures on formal night - combination photos

my kids - to share with thier father

me & the kids

just the girls

SO & little one

SO & little one & me

etc

you get the picture (lol) This a memory I don't want to miss out on - I want the kids and us to always have these....

I will of course try to make arrangements for an early "photo shoot", but doubt my requests can be accomidated, and waiting around until everyone is done would pose a problem with 4 kids just hanging around (1 being 10 months at time if travel)

HOW ANNOYED ARE YOU AS ANOTHER PASSANGER WITH ME TAKING "SO MANY" PHOTOS

BTW - we'll be on NCL Star 4/7/07 - 4/15/07 - just in case you want to beat us to the photographer...

Thanks for input :o

On our last cruise there were 29 of us. Of course we wanted a group picture so..... we made our appointment as soon as we got on the ship and had an early shoot (right before main seating). It did take a bit of time but I believe ours was not the only photographer working at the time. I did not notice anyone being "annoyed" with us. There are so many opportunities for pictures on board that I would be surprised it would seriously bother anyone.

But I would get over it, ha ha.

Last year we somehow got stuck behind a wedding party that took over 40 minutes to get their formal night picture taken. To say that we were late for dinner is an understatement. But the picture I have on my dresser of my two sons dressed for formal night is priceless.

Its your cruise, enjoy it. Sometimes we get in each others way, but it should be a lot less bothersome on vacation, no?

It's your vacation and your memories and it will take whatever time it takes to "shoot" your group. I wouldn't worry about it,..........and, if it really stresses out the person behind you, then they REALLY need a vacation. lol:D

Vince

To the OP: bear in mind that on NCL the photographers will be set up on several nights, not just on the optional formal night(s). You will probably encounter shorter lines on the nights when fewer people are dressed up.

One thing you may want to consider is going to the photography desk as soon as they open and see if you can get an appointment. That way, something can be set up that won't inconvenience others. Just think if you were to get dressed up for formal night and you and your SO want to get that one formal portrait taken so you can head off to dinner or meet somebody for cocktails... That set up that you're talking about will probably take awhile, and there will be a line forming way behind you.

JMO. BTW, we don't bother with getting the formal portraits as my hubby doesn't have the patience to stand in the lines.

:) I think you should take all the time you want to get the photos you want...it is a once in a life time opportunity.

I will say from my last and only cruise that the photgraphers are always looking to snap a picture.They want to make a lot of money so they are happy to accomdate everyone as best they can.

I'll be on the same trip...so looking forward to it.

Have the best time

countdown.pl?name=memoe&date=4-7-2007&image=Beach-8&text=clock is ticking....&ship=Norwegian Dream

I agree I would not be annoyed, I'm actually going to do the same thing in May. I have Dh, our 3 boys, and my mom. I want all different combinations of photo's taken, and I cannot seem to get my husband to get his picture taken on land. I saw all different poses on one of our cruises, some beautiful, some crazy and fun. You might try walking around one night and seeing what others come up with. It'll give you more options. So have fun with it, and smile. You paid for the photographers time just like everyone else.

Wouldn't bother me a bit. I'd either patiently wait my turn or go to another photo station. :)

We did similar on our last cruise: All four of us, DH and me, DH with each of the girls, me with each of the girls. No comments or dirty looks or stomping off.

I agree with the other posters--get the shots you want!

Jayne

You don't have to have all the photos done at one time. They can be different nights, different photo backgrounds etc... You could also take some of your own with just the kids for their father, great shots don't have to be the professional ones. There are many places onboard to pose the kids/family.

I know I'm always happy to take photos of a family, so they can all be together, instead of one always being out of the shot. We have a photo in our Alaska book of a fellow from Australia, who shot many pictures of our group for us as a favor.

For the price of the professional photography, your bill could get larger than your fare with all the choices you mention! Don't forget, these photos (most are 8X10) are around $20 each. So, wait until the end of the week before purchasing any of them. Another poster mentioned the copyright release, a great idea if you want more than one copy of a photo.

One thing you might try is something I saw work well at a recent wedding I attended...there were zillions of photos taken and in an amazingly short period of time...the bride and groom had a list of exactly who was to be in each photo and the photographer followed that list as he took each photo...worked like a charm!

The photos were organized so that the photos with the most people were taken first, thereby freeing up folks who weren't having their pix taken again. The next set of photos included less people, the next set even less, etc. until all the photos the couple wanted had been taken.

You might even practice at home to see where everyone should stand so there's a clear shot of everyone in each pix. A little organization will go a long way in speeding up and de-stressing your photo session. It might even make the young ones less self-conscious or antsy when it's actually time to stand still to have their pix taken...

Cindy

Not all photographers are the same. I would not want to do all my photos with one person.

Each night there will be about 7 different backgrounds- take one each night at each background.. and make your choices the last night..

May I suggest this if doing it every night-- you go through each night and check the photos and get rid of the ones you dont want-- that way making it easier to find them all on the last night.

Sure you can put them together but when they close the photo shp at night the picutres will be back in the orignating spot the next day.

Going each day to various photographers you can get a feel who cares the best about how your photos turn out. Some photos will be formal - others will be less casual.

Thanks for the great advise - and making me feel better about wanting to capture that "momment" or momments and not anger anyone....

Hadn't thought to stroll around to different backgrounds or photographers.

I am budgeting to buy quiet a few photos - but won't buy them if they look awful.

Hardest part - the little one (10 mos at sailing) LOVES cameras and stars to head directly to them - to grab/hold/etc. 1st photo then she's off to grab it - But that could make for some funny shots.

Note to self: Don't stress - what happens - happens, it's all part of the experience - enjoy the ride... :)

this will not annoy us for 2 reasons-----1-you and your family have the right to utilize all the time you need to get as many pics as you want and as many poses as needed, we all have this right. --- #2-we do not do ncl cruises. (not even if it were free). we had very, very, very bad experience on our ncl cruise.. never again... Mr & Mrs Phish Tales :eek: :eek: :eek:

I would not be annoyed. However, remember that you can move around to different photographers to get a lot of different backgrounds also!!

I agree! besides I want differant backgrounds and while the OP, her SO and little one gets pictures made-her older children can be having a picture taken for their father. Often the photographer stations are within sight of each other.

so get one made of all of you and then you and the girls and then get in another line and have a picture taken of the little one and your current SO. the older children can be in a differant line getting apicture made for their father.

another thing, if this is a 7 day cruise-there are TWO formal nights-so two chances to get pictures in your formalwear-often also, other nights, photo stations are set up.

Archived