no upgrades for Capt. Club mbrs on Journey??

usavvy2

X's rules for One-Category Upgrade for Captain's Club members state that one-category upgrade requests apply only for inside-to-inside or outside-to-outside staterooms, depending on availability, cannot be used with certain restricted fares; apply for one stateroom per cruise; are for Stateroom assignments only - not Suites, ConciergeClass and verandas and not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. It goes on to say that on Zenith, Century, Galaxy, Mercury, Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation: Upgrades available from categories 11-4.

Just want to confirm - no upgrades for Captain's Club members on Journey?

Hasn't that always been the upgrade rules. Inside-Inside and Outside-Outside, one category upgrade. Never included veranda or suites.

I'm booked on the Journey in November and paid for Cat 10 inside and will be sailing Cat 9 inside. One category upgrade.

Hasn't that always been the upgrade rules. Inside-Inside and Outside-Outside, one category upgrade. Never included veranda or suites.

cujos mom - I'm booked on the Journey in November and paid for Cat 10 inside and will be sailing Cat 9 inside. One category upgrade.

If you received ANY upgrade on Journey, then you got an exception. I was asking about upgrading an outside Cat. 8 to an outside Cat. 7 and was told THEY DO NOT DO IT ON JOURNEY. The verbiage regarding upgrade rules on their web site which I quoted above in my original post states that fact, too. So, perhaps your TA just goofed or was feeling mighty generous.

Well maybe I'm "lucky" but I don't see anywhere in your post that says the Journey is exempt:

X's rules for One-Category Upgrade for Captain's Club members state that one-category upgrade requests apply only for inside-to-inside or outside-to-outside staterooms, depending on availability, cannot be used with certain restricted fares; apply for one stateroom per cruise; are for Stateroom assignments only - not Suites, ConciergeClass and verandas and not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. It goes on to say that on Zenith, Century, Galaxy, Mercury, Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation: Upgrades available from categories 11-4.

Just want to confirm - no upgrades for Captain's Club members on Journey?

Actually I booked the Journey while on board RCL's Splendour the 1st of February with the Loyalty Ambassador. He is the one who got our Captain Club member numbers from Miami and confirmed that I paid Cat 10 and got Cat 9 cabin.

they don't make it obvious for sure (probably on purpose) but re-read this sentence: ...

. It goes on to say that on Zenith, Century, Galaxy, Mercury, Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation: Upgrades available from categories 11-4.

so what they leave UNSAID, is Journey is not on the list that starts with Z and ends in C as far as "upgrades available from categories 11-4."

at least that's my interpretation (confirmed by my TA).

that's why I think you're lucky!

The Journey is a small ship and is a different product really. I would compare it to Oceania, which is twice as much as the other Celebrity vessels. It is a niche market- for people who are done with dressing formally for dinner, having set schedules and don't like kids. There is a children's program but the ship will not attract many families because of its size and price.

It is the same ship as Oceania Regatta (with different decor) and I sailed Regatta in January. I loved it but don't have a cabin in the aft. It vibrates alot back there. Also I met only one person who got seasick and she was at the front of the ship.

Because it is a smaller ship you definitely feel more movement.

I'm really looking forward to sailing on the Journey for all the reasons rebeccalouise stated above. We sailed twice on this class/style of ship when the ship's were owned by Renaissance Cruise Line, once to Tahiti and once Greek Isle/Turkey. Back then not only was it "country club casual" every night at dinner and no kids allowed under 18 but they were all non-smoking, too, although the non-smoking part is allowed on Celebrity I think.

We are booked on Quest 3/1/08. My TA says the CC upgrade applies to cat 11 and up and I'm in cat 12 inside. So if I want to pay $100 more for 2 to book a cat 11 inside so as to be upgraded to a cat 10 inside I can get the upgrade. It's not worth $100 just to move up one deck. I'm still inside. What I want is a guarantee booking, but X isn't offering them yet on this sailing. As soon as guarantees become available I'll switch my booking. There are only 26 inside minimum priced cabins on Journey so unless the ship sells out the odds of an upgrade to an outside should be good.

Archived