Confessions of a last minute Packer

fosse7

So- here I am... waiting until the last minute again! I'm getting ready to get back to it (really I am!), but of course had to take a pass through the forums to get excited all over again.

Our cruise doesn't leave until Sunday, but we are driving down tomorrow- - I have 3 pairs of shorts in DH's suitcase, and some duct tape and highlighters in mine.

Please tell me I'm not the only last-minute packer?! Also- - what are some last minute items you grab "just in case" that you are so glad you had with you?

Thanks!

Oh, my :eek: , you better get moving, girlfriend! Make a quick list and stick to it, or all you'll have is t-shirts that don't match a thing and you'll forget your most comfortable sandals.

Sorry, I plan my lists months in advance and have everything ready at least a week before, I cringe at the thought of last minute planning;)

Wow! I get heart palpitations just thinking about last minute packing. I have lists of lists and somethings are already packed for our August cruise. DH on the other hand would be very happy throwing things in the suitcases right before we went out the door.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise. Jan

I actually rely pretty heavily on CruiseDiva's lists... I do believe I am finally packed (we're leaving in about 6 hours!).

Now the other part of the work starts... leaving instructions for the pet sitter, cleaning the house...

That first foo-foo drink is gonna taste GOOD!

Don't sweat it...you still have 2 days!!

This coming from a night before packer:o

I have neverforgotten a thing; however last time I wish I had brought my static guard, I just thought the humid weather would make it a superfluous pack. I was wrong, the static was smuggled along in my suitcase!

Have a great time!!!

:eek: OM!!

I remember one time I thought I was soooo organized.... lists and lists, that I would just " throw" it all in at the last minute too.

I went and got my manicure, had a fantastic dinner and drinks(several;) ) with DH and came home and FELL ASLEEP!!!!

We were to leave for the airport at @ 4:30am, and my mom who was already there to watch the little ones woke us up....stretched across our bed (where we had dropped... only for a minute) at 3:15am!!

OMG.....You should have seen the circus that ensued!

I, running around shrieking, lists in hand....

Bras flying in the air,flip flops, and mens underwear,feminine products, accessories... all a jumbled mess.

I was crying because I am a highly organized person and everything has to have a "home", in the suitcase especially.;)

Not the case on this trip....

Somehow, because I had managed to make my "lists" ahead of time...all our "stuff " made it into the suitcase, just in a very unorderly fashion!

These days....you can bet that I pack a head of time ( not too far as things get wrinkled) but this will NEVER happen to me again!:D

Good luck and have a fantastic vacation!

Not really about packing but just had to share, Heather you reminded me of our cruise last year on the Explorer, after spending a most enjoyable afternoon in the schooner bar with our CC friends and discovering 'cosmos' for the first time :D , we had a 'nap' before dinner, (first formal, second sitting) only to wake at 8.20:eek: :eek: OMG i will NEVER let that happen again, still dont know how we managed to get ready!!

cheers

Mo

Bras flying in the air,flip flops, and mens underwear,feminine products, accessories... all a jumbled mess.

Wait, what? Huh? You mean, this isn't how *everyone* does it?

Because I can't remember a trip where this wasn't "situation normal". :D No matter how many lists I make or how many attempts I have at packing early... inevitably there is frantic re-packing mere hours before a flight leaves.

The last trip was so crazy, that I left the house *without* my main carry-on bag (you know, the one with makeup, trashy romance novels, cell phone charger, hair products - the necessities of LIFE).

We leave in a couple of days to catch POH in Hawaii... my saving grace is that I already know where ALL the Wal-Marts are...just in case. :cool:

Where could I find these lists? Thanks!

I can't get this to post properly for some reason... it is coming up all stars.

But, here is the website you need :

cruise diva .com

She has packing lists on here off to the side somewhere

There is a bunch of different "lists" on here...women, men, etc.I just copied this one.

You can surf the whole site for more info on a ton of info.:)

To the OP...see? You apparently aren't alone after all!:D LOL..

http://www.***************/pack1.htm

There is a bunch of different "lists" on here...women, men, etc.I just copied this one.

You can surf the whole site for more info on a ton of info.:)

Would you be able to type the website out with the word dot, etc? The boards just turned it into a bunch of asterisks and won't let me go to it! Thanks.

Would you be able to type the website out with the word dot, etc? The boards just turned it into a bunch of asterisks and won't let me go to it! Thanks.

I know!!

I just edited my post .... I don't know why it did that!!:(

www cruise diva com

smoosh it all together!!!

Hope this helps. Also, her name is Linda Coffman .Do a search in Google if need be to get there. Good luck.

Don't sweat it...you still have 2 days!!

Although I know she has now left (Bon Voyage :) ) She did not have 2 days, she had ONE and instead of packing, she was on the boards :eek:

Desperate Housewife, the good news was you had a good nights sleep and thank goodness your dear mother woke you up in time to pack something!

For me, the hurrier I go, the behinder I get :p and I tend to take the wrong stuff, too much stuff and forget the most important stuff. Of course, we all know all you need is your docs, ID and a bathing suit, all else can be purchased onboard ;)

I know!!

I just edited my post .... I don't know why it did that!!:(

www cruise diva com

smoosh it all together!!!

Hope this helps. Also, her name is Linda Coffman .Do a search in Google if need be to get there. Good luck.

Thanks!

So- here I am... waiting until the last minute again! I'm getting ready to get back to it (really I am!), but of course had to take a pass through the forums to get excited all over again.

Our cruise doesn't leave until Sunday, but we are driving down tomorrow- - I have 3 pairs of shorts in DH's suitcase, and some duct tape and highlighters in mine.

Please tell me I'm not the only last-minute packer?! Also- - what are some last minute items you grab "just in case" that you are so glad you had with you?

Thanks!

I always pack at the last minute and so does everyone in my house so we are always all stressed out. We live in Florida though so we have to wear the clothes in the weeks prior to a cruise. I always overpack and my teen boys always underpack and run out of shirts or something important.:(

I learned my lesson with this one last year before our cruise. I am an early packer...I usually start one week before and am totally done the day before. Last year was the same except for the 50 lb bag limit!! At the last minute before leaving for the airport my DH said one bag was too heavy and we started to do the move the clothes bag shuffle. I was stressing so badly I stubbed my toe and BROKE it on a suitcase. This is no way to leave for a cruise but I sucked it up and off we went. Never again. Never.

A:D

I'm a quasi last-minute packer. I pulled out most of my clothes last Sunday and set them in my suitcase. Then I had another pile of things to be pressed. Well, we're leaving in the morning and I just packed ... and the items to be pressed will be ironed courtesy of Celebrity :) I'd rather leave a clean house and good notes for the pet sitter than spend time with the Rowenta!

I normally do have my clothes set out and make my lists of everything else until the last minute. I just finished loading up my carry-on and haven't yet zipped my bag. I'll probably find that I need to add something else!

The only thing I ever forgot that I missed was hose ... to wear under a knee length cocktail dress. But after a martini, I didn't care!

Hope I have packed everything I need, and if not, they have stores on all the islands!

Well, we have made our first stop in Waltersboro, SC, and I do believe the only thing I've left (keep your fingers crossed!) were DH's jeans (which he won't need after tomorrow anyhow).

Thanks to all who sent Bon Voyages... I'm pretty sure I'd still have fun if I had to run around in the same t-shirt and shorts all week.

Happy Cruising to you!

They have Wal-Mart and also Zellers which has roughly the same as Wal-Mart. There are also London Drugs, which have everything except clothes. I am a HUGE LD fan. In university, when I was tired of being broke, I used to take $10 (you can tell how long ago it was!) and buy myself trinkets until I felt happy.

Viv

Where could I find these lists? Thanks!

i have made a great list up from ideas i have read online on this website. i would be happy to share it with you if you would like me to. i think it covers just about everything (or what i could think of) this is my first cruise however. i am usually a last minute packer myself. i have been known to be packing a suitcase 30 minutes before walking out the door. however, i'm gonna be on a boat. can't just grab something at the store if i forget now can i? so let me know if you would like my list. i am hoping i use it. i have a little under 2 weeks b4 my cruise.

Archived