?? about the casual dining options in the evening

Sandi149

Hi folks,

I did a search on my question but there are too many posts to go through that don't even seem to pertain to what I'm asking.

Anyway, I know that there are dress codes for the dining room in the evening. As a matter of fact, I just bought a whole bunch of new clothes. Woo Hoo!!! :D But say hubby and I don't feel like having dinner in the dining room one evening and we want to go to the grill, deli, etc., can we wear shorts up there in the evening?

Thanks. :)

Hi folks,

I did a search on my question but there are too many posts to go through that don't even seem to pertain to what I'm asking.

Anyway, I know that there are dress codes for the dining room in the evening. As a matter of fact, I just bought a whole bunch of new clothes. Woo Hoo!!! :D But say hubby and I don't feel like having dinner in the dining room one evening and we want to go to the grill, deli, etc., can we wear shorts up there in the evening?

Thanks. :)

You can wear anything..many will be in bathing suits and swim trunks.

REMEMBER....the first night onboard is CASUAL NIGHT. I had no idea when we went on Elation in Dec...I walk into the dining room wearing a gown and got some stares. :eek: :o

Then when we went to get the pictures taken that evening, across the bottom of the pictures were the words "CASUAL NIGHT"

You can pretty much wear what you want, when you want- outside of the formal dining rooms. We do our resort casual at dinner, and then change to comfy sometimes to do shows, bars, dancing etc. No one ever seems to even notice that we've changed back into shorts and tanks.

Karla

On my first cruise in 2003, I was honeymooning with my a**hole ex-husband. He flat out REFUSED to dress up for formal nights. So, I went out in my pajamas. We strolled the Promenade deck with he in his University of Tennessee regalia and me in my capri pajama pants and a t-shirt.

This time around, I'll be super duper happy to be with someone that doesn't mind dressing up :)

Archived