RCL Change Room on Website!

We had/have 1700 on Liberty for our 4/12/07 sailing. This morning, I noticed that our room had been changed to 9330! I immediately called RCL tonight and they said that I changed the room on the website! I did NOT I told them. Anyway, they fixed it and moved me back to 1700, but then I noticed a PRICE CHANGE of $100 more! So I had to call them back and, of course, they will change it.

Has anybody else had this problem? Do I need to constantly monitor this room on RCL's website to make sure this doesn't happen again? Thanks for any help and/or reassurances!

Our cruise is onAOS march 25 2007, Wehave an aft balcony and somewhere around nov/dec they changed us to a mid ship balcony and said the same thing. I changed it over the internet. I told them I didn't and luckily the aft was still available! I watch all the time now.

They did the same thing to me in Jan. on Radiance. I particularly picked (forget #) but room next to elevators on deck 9. VERY large balcony. When I checked my acct. I found they moved me to deck 10. They also said I did it. NO WAY. Luckily the room was still available and I had it moved back.

If you have an edit button on your online reservation. DON"T TOUCH IT...even out of curiousity. It will change your cabin, and the price will indeed increase. :D I'm not saying that is what you did, but just totally ignore it. If you want to change cabins...call. :)

I think there's some sort of flaw with using RCCL's website. On several posts on this board, it has been reported that people were posting links to RCCL's website intended only to show information (Onboard gifts, celebration packages, etc.), but it actually ended up giving everyone who clicked thru full access to modify the reservation (as if they logged in to view/modify the reservation). I believe the links had some sort of session ID attached in the URL that leads RCCL's website to think you are the reservation owner.

Just a speculation that RCCL's site may not be totally secure. As a precaution, I always make sure I log out from my account and then open a new browser if I ever have to send a link to someone else about info on the website.

MY TA called yesterday and said someone went into my file on the RC site and changed my price for my room to higher. I don't know what that means or how it happed but it did. I have paid for my cruise in full but I wonder if my CC would've been charged when I left.

I just tried to check on my room, but I can't get to my reservation. It says that my reservation is currently being modified! I have no idea why! Now I'm getting worried! I guess I'll wait a little while in case it's just a temporary glitch and then if I still can't get to my reservation, I'll give RCCL or my TA a call.

We had a room booked on the Serenade last year. I happened to look online for some reason about 2 weeks before we sailed and saw that it was changed. I called in, same story, they said I did it. I KNEW I didn't. First rep. said nothing they could do, the original cabin was gone. I was FUMING. I spoke with a supervisor, who said I was stuck in the cabin they randomly moved me to. Spoke with the supervisors supervisor and she offered us a handicap junior suite for $400 more. I guess they must have had enough extra handicapped rooms left or figured they wouldn't sell it so close to sailing. We took it as the room they moved us to was in a bad location for us (can't honestly remember where it was). We ended up having a great cruise, but yes, they can and do change them. I have been checking our upcoming freedom cruise like crazy now though!

I'd like to know how to get an edit button on mine, Id like to be on the floor with someone from CC now, who I didnt know when I reserved the cabin. No edit button on my reservation, just shows a cabin #. I'd gone thru a online site, not a regular TA so maybe thats why no changes seem allowed.

I'd like to know how to get an edit button on mine, Id like to be on the floor with someone from CC now, who I didnt know when I reserved the cabin. No edit button on my reservation, just shows a cabin #. I'd gone thru a online site, not a regular TA so maybe thats why no changes seem allowed.

Based on my experience, the only way to be able to edit your room is if your reservation was made directly thru RCCL's website. Even if you went directly thru RCCL via phone, you cannot edit this aspect (among several others - i.e. hotel, air, dining time) of the reservation.

Now if you went thru a third party (be it a TA, or on online website), my guess is that it would depend on how they made your reservation to RCCL. If they called it in (which sounds like the case for you), you'll have to call the TA or the website you booked thru to change anything.

Only time mine was changed was when we were visited by the upgrade fairy.

Now THAT'S the kind of change I wouldn't mind! I keep checking my two pending reservations but alas... I'm still in steerage. :)

If you have an edit button on your online reservation. DON"T TOUCH IT...even out of curiousity. It will change your cabin, and the price will indeed increase. :D I'm not saying that is what you did, but just totally ignore it. If you want to change cabins...call. :)

The website went through some updates last week. I've had no problems going into the edit to see what rooms were available. You don't lose your existing room unless you pick another, and then you are suspectible to any price changes, but you get the chance to confirm, you can always cancel and remain as you are. I booked my reservation online about 6 months ago, and the D1 choices were terrible. I kept checking back and the available rooms changed frequently Suddenly the center hump 9342 Starboard side Freedom became available. No problem! The only un-nerving part is while checking room availability it shows your current room as available. Customer service told me nobody can grab your room until you take another.

FWIW

We had the exact same thing happen for our cruise on SOS during Super Bowl weekend. Got moved to the most forward room on the deck from a rear cabin. DW caught it and got the same story from RCI. We fussed and they moved us back. Funny thing, we wound up right in the middle of a group celebrating a birthday across about 5 cabins. Coincidence?:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

I've done it 30 times and not changed my room or fare.

Then they have corrected the problem since I hit the edit button to switch from one Junior Suite to another on the same cruise and had the price on my confirmation jump $125 p/p and then had to call and have it corrected. Sorry...your mileage may vary. I am certainly glad it is working for everyone else, internet website improvements are a good thing.:D

Archived