Ideas for short cruises in May?

chili19

I was booked on Century for Monday, 3/5/07, but had to cancel yesterday since my 1 yr old daughter ended up in the hospital for 1 night earlier this week. Thank goodness she is OK right now, but we are not ready to travel next week.

I am looking into future cruises now. April might not work out so I am looking into May, but I noticed that Century is off to Europe in May. We are limited to 4 or 5 night cruises. Since Century is out of town, any other ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,:) you will have to try another line.....if that is what

you are asking?

Royal has Echanctment Of The Seas which does 4 and 5 nighters

out of Port Everglades.

Also Soveriegn Of the Seas sails 3 and 4 nighters out of Port

Canaveral.

Carnival offers short crusies too.

Once Century leaves for Europe there are no short

cruises on Celebrity.

Oh, hope your daughter is doing better:)

Thanks for the help, Lois! I was so looking forward to trying out Celebrity, but my daughter's health comes first!!!!!

I have sailed on RC before (Jewel) and very much enjoyed the ship. But it was brandy new at the time. Any recommendations on which ship is nicer among Enchantment, Sovereign, Majesty, and Explorer?

Thanks very much for the help and thanks for asking about my daughter....she is much better now!

Hi, glad your daughter is doing better:)

As for the choice of ships....I have only been

on Sovereign and that was 4 years ago. I know she

has been re-done since that time. I believe Enchantment

has also undergone a major overhaul in the past couple of

years too. I think Majesty and Sovereign are the oldest ships

in the fleet..while Explorer is part of the Voyager Class (I think).

My suggestion would be to post this question over on

the Royal Board where you will be able to get replies

from actual Royal Cruisers.:)

Out of FL in the summer... it's Carnival and Royal Caribbean. The nicest ship among them is the Enchantment of the Seas.

Out of NJ RCL's Explorer OTS does a 5 night sailing to Bermuda. Though it's going to be tough to find a triple cabin at this late date.

chili19,

I was booked on Century for Monday, 3/5/07, but had to cancel yesterday since my 1 yr old daughter ended up in the hospital for 1 night earlier this week. Thank goodness she is OK right now, but we are not ready to travel next week.

I am looking into future cruises now. April might not work out so I am looking into May, but I noticed that Century is off to Europe in May. We are limited to 4 or 5 night cruises. Since Century is out of town, any other ideas?

Thanks!

The major "premium" cruise lines (Princess Cruises, Holland America Lines, and Celebrity Cruises) traditionally operate cruises shorter than seven nights primarily as travel agent familiarization cruises, though they have always sold extra capacity on those cruises to the general public. These cruises typically operate as "filler" cruises when a ship's repositionng cruise did not start or end on the "right" day of the week for the previous or upcoming season, when the ship's schedule needed to adjust for a holiday sailing, or when there was a gap before or after a yard visit. The present season of shorter cruises aboard MV Century actually is a pretty radical break with past precedent. Disney Cruises, a specialty product also in the "premium" tier, traditionally sold three night and four night cruises primarily as part of seven night vacation packages that spent the remaining nights at one or another of the resort hotels at Disney World.

If you can get away during the end of April, GTS Constellation has a five night cruise to Ireland and the Channel Islands on 25 April. The next cruise of less than seven nights appears to be "Pacific Northwest" cruises aboard MV Mercury in September.

You did not state the reason for your limtation of four or five nights. If you can manage seven nights, you'll find a lot more options. Celebrity offers seven night cruises to Alaska, round trip from Vancouver aboard MV Mercury and GTS Infinity or one way between Vancouver and Seward aboard GTS Summit, from the middle of May to the middle of September and, this year, seven night cruises to Bermuda, round trip from Cape Liberty Cruise Port aboard MV Celebrity Journey, from the middle of May until sometime late in October.

Norm.

Archived