Pullmantur leases the Mona Lisa

keltic

Pullmantur has leased the Mona Lisa, former Victoria, former Sea Princess, former Kungshal for three years. Lots of lovely classics in fleet. Pacific, Sky Wonder, Oceanic, and now Oceanic II. Nice news.

I must say, Pullmantur for 2007 has possibly the most interesting fleet of cruise ships ever assembled:

OCEANIC (1965)

OCEANIC II (KUNGSHOLM 1966)

PACIFIC (SEA VENTURE 1971)

HOLIDAY DREAM (EUROPA 1981)

SKY WONDER (FAIRSKY 1984)

ZENITH (1992)

BLUE MOON (R SEVEN 2000)

How much better could it get?

Hi Doug:

I certainly must agree with you about their fleet. I'm sitting here at home perusing the 2007 brochure,in Spanish of course, and viewing their excellent promotional DVD for 2007 in Spanish of course, that I received while sailing on Holiday Dream a week or so ago from Santo Domingo.

RCI have a little jewel of a cruise line in this Spanish outfit. The Holiday Dream, what a cheesy name for a ship, still shows the class of her years as the Europa, is in immaculate condition and is a very well run cruise operation, not just my opinion, but that of many on board including the English ship's inspector with whom I had long interesting conversations.

Great service, very good food, nice entertainment, coupled with the all-inclusive feature at the bars and lounges makes for a real good value cruise. No glitz and glamour here, just a classy older ship.

Alan

I went back from the Holiday in november too, and really excited about it. Pullmantur crews are particularly kind and warm, maybe the best in the market. They know they can´t compete with other lines in glamour, so they tend to be the most welcoming ones. And never had such a waiters, cabin attendants and so on.

I loved the former Europa. It´s a bit odd when you get on her, for her arragement but as Downbie says. traces of her former glory. Extre huge corridors, double washbasins, real tiles on the bathrooms, a huge heated swimming indoors swimming pool and many other things. All with a distinctive decor of the eighties, quite away from the clones-megaboxes-ships of the current time.

Having everything included (flight as well) from prices starting in 700 euros, it´s definitely a MUST.

Mona Lisa is a grand ship - or at least she was when she was Sea Princess.

We cruised on her Osaka Japan to Vancouver BC via Honolulu, 5-89. Ship was half full Osaka to Honolulu, and went to single seating dining, splitting the times between the two traditional times. Service was outstanding, due to light passenger load.

From Honolulu to Vancouver, ship was full, and returned to 2 seating dining.

Service remained good, but not as grand as the 1st leg.

Many fond memories from that trip - our 1st trans-Pacific.

Archived