Help, question about booking Happy Hour!

I have a courtesy 24 hour hold on a cruise that expires in the morning and I just went on to the Happy Hour specials and the same cruise is on special for less than the cost of the hold. What are the chances that this might still be available on Tues. A.M? Anyone have experience with this? I have never booked a Happy Hour cruise before. Help Please!!!!!!! Thank you in advance!

4bythebeach the happy hour will be available officially starting 9am Tuesday morning. If your cruise is on a happy hour usually there is quite a lot of availability. I booked one in January and got a great deal and a really good cabin. If i was you i would cancel my hold or let it expire and buy it on the happy hour.

I you use an agent let them know and they can put a hold on it as soon as it's available.

We booked a Feb.13th happy hour special on Wed. Feb.14th and my DW cousin booked the same special (ship, cabin category & date) on the following Monday so we didn't have to book on a Tuesday. When I looked at pricing for our AOS cruise on RCI web site it showed happy hour pricing for the cabin categories offered even after we had booked and even after the next Tuesday which didn't have our cruise on its happy hour. I looked at RCI pricing to see if several cruise and cabin listed on happy hour for next Tues. Mar.6 were showing happy hour pricing yet and they weren't, but keep checking to see if this pricing shows up before Tuesday.

Also check the # of cabins being offered for the cruise and cabin category that you want. If there are many, there is a good chance it will be available next Tuesday. Remember that there is also one more cabin which is the one you have a hold on which will go back into the pool if you wait to book next week.

I have a courtesy 24 hour hold on a cruise that expires in the morning and I just went on to the Happy Hour specials and the same cruise is on special for less than the cost of the hold. What are the chances that this might still be available on Tues. A.M? Anyone have experience with this? I have never booked a Happy Hour cruise before. Help Please!!!!!!! Thank you in advance!

What is a "Happy Hour" booking? I looked at RCCI's web-site and didn't see anything that said "Happy Hour"

What is a "Happy Hour" booking? I looked at RCCI's web-site and didn't see anything that said "Happy Hour"

Hplar happy hours a specials RCCL and Celebrity have most weeks the details are available on Thursdays and the booking window is the following Tuesday 9-5 est. I have never seen them on the RCL site but you can find them on various travel agent sites.

Margaret

RCL uses the happy hour specials to move out surplus inventory on the near term sailings. Right now that is primarily the Caribbean itineraries. If there is surplus inventory on the Med or Alaskan sailings as summer draws nearer, you may see a few of them offered on either the Happy Hour or other promotional specials.

I think they use these and restrict them to new bookings only so that they don't have to refund or credit too much to those of us who track the fares and request reduced rate fare adjustments (many passengers, particularly first timers, may not be aware of the ability to get fare reductions).

As someone said in another thread, it all boils down to supply and demand. :)

RCL uses the happy hour specials to move out surplus inventory on the near term sailings. Right now that is primarily the Caribbean itineraries. If there is surplus inventory on the Med or Alaskan sailings as summer draws nearer, you may see a few of them offered on either the Happy Hour or other promotional specials.

I think they use these and restrict them to new bookings only so that they don't have to refund or credit too much to those of us who track the fares and request reduced rate fare adjustments (many passengers, particularly first timers, may not be aware of the ability to get fare reductions).

As someone said in another thread, it all boils down to supply and demand. :)

Usually RCCL does not offer air with these happy hour prices (there are exceptions); But usually what you save in cruise fare is eaten up by increased airfares on the last minute Med sailings. If you can get to a Med or Alaska sailing at the last minute Airline employee or lots of FF miles), there are sometimes bargins. Usually the hardest ones to find good prices on your own are the ones which require open jaw air which is why you often see relocation cruises at reduced prices especially at the last month when the ship is not full.

A couple of years ago, I saw some last minute deals on Alaska sailings but with the open Jaw (IAH to Anchorage & Vancouver BC back to IAH) it was no bargin. It was actually cheaper to fly round trip to Seattle WA and then do one week north bound on Celebrity and a second week south bound on RCCL than just to do the 7 day one way RCCL and deal with the open jaw airfare at the last minute.

Good luck

Archived