Princess Cancels Port Stop In Colon, Panama

oledave

I was told by a Princess rep that they've cancelled the port stop in Colon after some date in the future and before our 10-day RT Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess planned for 2/26/2005. Has anyone else heard of this? What will be the effect on excursions? Where/when will passengers get off/back on the ship? Which excursions will be offered? We are particularly interested in the Ocean-to-Ocean boat trip that goes thru the canal to the Pacific at Panama City.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Oledave

We did the Ocean boat trip in March and it was very interesting, long but we had a great time. Colon is horrible a madhouse of traffic that caused many excursions to be late back to the ship and I would have hated to not have an excursion and have had to venture out there. Maybe they are changing to Cristobal

We are on the Panama Canal cruise at Thanksgiving. I would think that the excursions would still be offered otherwise would it really be a Panama Canal cruise? I've read on these boards that there have been problems in Colon and that it is suggested that you not leave the port area. Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Debbie

It's too bad about Colon. We lived in Panama City for several years and the best shopping I've ever done was in the Colon Free Zone. Unbelievable prices on everything from perfumes to jewelry. But I can also see where it might be pretty dangerous outside of that area.

Archived