Paradise Beach vs. Chak. Park

bethm214

DH and i are having a hard time deciding what to do in Cozumel. I am leaning toward the park and he is leaning toward Paradise. We have an 11 year old boy. I thought it would be great for him to do a dolphin swim or a sea lion swim. but, he is doing sting rays in grand cayman already. Don't necessaily feel the need to 'do it all' on one trip.

From those of you that have experienced both, or even only one but feel strongly about it....what do you recommend?

TIA for any input.

I have not done PB but we have done Chak. and loved it. Prices were reasonable and since you paid an admission they had no problem with us bringing in our own cooler with refreshments.

Nice restrooms, friendly people, reasonable to rent snorkel vests, chairs provided at no cost and the mini-ruins were very nice. Nice place to snorkel.

We were there last week and did both. It was our second trip to Chank and we still loved it just as much. We did not have any trouble finding chairs/shade nor did we go to the lagoon for swimming. The snorkling is good but gets deep quick. They installed hand rails on the steps leading into the water making it much easier than in the past. Very pretty park.

Paradise Beach was just as nice but in a different way. Some snorkling, lots of fun things to do for free (trampoline, kayak, floating iceburg), lots of chairs/shade. We did not eat there (sorry, Tom, it rained!) but had a Coco-loco. It is right next to a small stretch of beach that appeared to us to be public land. There was a couple snorkling there and they found a large conch shell (which they returned after enjoying their find). We did not snorkle there, though.

We feel PB is a good place for sunning, swimming and would keep our 2 boys busy all day. Chank has less to do but more snorkling and the wildlife shows. You can't go wrong with either.

Just there Friday. We have an 8 year old daughter. We swam with the dolphins and both my wife and daughter feel it was the highlight of the cruise. The park is very nice, great for snorkling. We stayed all day. They have a nice resturant for lunch. I had thought we might venture over to Paradise but we really never felt compelled to.

Archived