2008 Europe / Transatlantic Itineraries Here!! L@@k!!

Commodore Suzy

Suzy, THANK YOU :D You were right on the money, Cunard does have a listing for Liverpool. A very interesting one at that ;)

Yes, new for Princess at least compared to 2007. They might have done it in a prior year, but there is no info / I don't recall that.

You might try www.cunard.com. Remember, Cunard and Princess are run from the same headquarters office and often have similar shore excursions. If Cunard has Liverpool (no idea if they do or not), Princess will likely use the same shore excursion vendors / offer the same things.

Thanks for posting, Suzy.

This one looks really cool - and glad to see it on the Grand! Can't wait to see the full itinerary.

Grand Princess 4/12/08 20-night “Three Continents Transatlantic” from FLL to Rome (Civitavecchia) Stops are in Caribbean, South America, Africa, Med. Similar to Royal’s in 11/07 I believe, but reverse.

I'm glad to see these will be out shortly. Unfortunately, I did not see the itinerary we were wanting for 08. We were hoping to sail the Sea Princess Southhampton to Barbardos. What are the chances the new ship, Royal Princess, will take up that itinerary? And what about the Sea Princess once it returns from the North Atlantic crossing. We really wanted to sail on the Sea Princess in 08.

Thanks for the info.

Mary

Hi Suzy,

Can you provide more information for the 8/30/08 Sea Princess cruise Southamptom to New York? Will it be the same itinerary as the Grand's 9/2/07? I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this itinerary for 2008.

Jacki

Hello, thanks for all the information.

Is there a 2 weeks Los Angeles-Hawaii return cruise in July or August? (Regal does it 2007 but is leaving the fleet)

Please read the very bottom of my original post... this announcement was ONLY Europe / Transatlantic, which is Princess' first one of every year. Just be patient (I know, it's hard for me too) and we'll find out what they're doing with the rest of the ships and for all of the other itineraries.

Suzy, THANK YOU :D You were right on the money, Cunard does have a listing for Liverpool. A very interesting one at that ;)

Very cool!

Thanks for posting, Suzy.

This one looks really cool - and glad to see it on the Grand! Can't wait to see the full itinerary.

Grand Princess 4/12/08 20-night “Three Continents Transatlantic” from FLL to Rome (Civitavecchia) Stops are in Caribbean, South America, Africa, Med. Similar to Royal’s in 11/07 I believe, but reverse.

FLL, Dominica, Devil's Island, Fortaleza, Dakal, Casablanca, Gibraltar, Cannes, Florence, ROME

Does this mean that the Royal Princess will be doing Canada/New England next fall. That would be wonderful.

Lola in Hamilton

I try not to mix my facts with speculation' date=' but that's probably my guess as well. We'll see in about June if they announce Canada and NE about the same time of year as usual. ;)

I'm glad to see these will be out shortly. Unfortunately, I did not see the itinerary we were wanting for 08. We were hoping to sail the Sea Princess Southhampton to Barbardos. What are the chances the new ship, Royal Princess, will take up that itinerary? And what about the Sea Princess once it returns from the North Atlantic crossing. We really wanted to sail on the Sea Princess in 08.

Thanks for the info.

Mary

This announcement I posted will be Princess' ENTIRE Europe and Transatlantic deployment through the end of 2008. Unless they simply change their mind, you won't see another announcement of transatlantics until a year from now when we'll see the 4/09 and fall 09 ones. The only exception to that would be maybe a section of the world cruise or something. Why don't you consider one of the other transatlantics that runs through the Caribbean?

Hi Suzy,

Can you provide more information for the 8/30/08 Sea Princess cruise Southamptom to New York? Will it be the same itinerary as the Grand's 9/2/07? I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this itinerary for 2008.

Jacki

8/30/08 Sea (and remember my fax is blurry and I can not only not spell these things, I can't read them so it's worse! LOL!):

SOUTHAMPTON, Bergen, Shetland Island, Faroe Islands, Akureyri, Reykjavik, Nartortalick (Greenland), St. Johns, NEW YORK

--

And you're welcome on all the thank yous. Happy to help. Let me know if you have any more questions.

As I said, I'm an addicted person like you.... but with connections. :D

I never thought those transatlantics would be so popular. Interesting. Do you all ask about them because you really want to sail on them? You just like the longer cruises? Or you like them because they're usually a good value as compared to the other standard cruises?

Hi,

There does seem to be a change from 2007- addition of Shetland Islands and the removal of a Norwegian port too difficult to spell or pronounce. I was disappointed not to see Prins Christian Sund as that is one of my favorite places to visit. I will keep my fingers crossed that it is included. Will this be a 16 day cruise?

Once again, thank you Suzy for the updates and all the information.

Jacki

I never thought those transatlantics would be so popular. Interesting. Do you all ask about them because you really want to sail on them? You just like the longer cruises? Or you like them because they're usually a good value as compared to the other standard cruises?

I did ask my question because I am interested in the Emerald Transatlantic. You are right that it is a good value and a good way to see some of the Med. ports this way. I also like sea days so it works for us!

Thanks for the advance info, Suzy.

Thanks for the information. Since the Pacific Princess will be in Europe in 2008 as well as the Royal, looks like Princess won't have a small ship in Alaska next summer. (I don't imagine the Tahitian Princess would go to Alaska, would it?)

Thanks for the information. Since the Pacific Princess will be in Europe in 2008 as well as the Royal, looks like Princess won't have a small ship in Alaska next summer. (I don't imagine the Tahitian Princess would go to Alaska, would it?)

Nancy - I doubt it. The prime time to visit Tahiti is in the summer months (less rain) and the Tahiti cruises over the summer have been full and not discounted much.

Thanks so much for this info - I've been checking every day for the new itineraries:o

I can't wait for the Exotics to come out.

Plenty of food for thought though in the meantime

Cheers Suzie!

Suzy,
We are choosing a transatlantic this time for the sea days and wanted to try a different ship such as the Sea Princess. The other ships doing transatlantics we've already sailed on, sailing the Emerald this year. Plus we would like to spend a few days in England prior to the sailing. We also chose a westbound so we could ease back into the time changes! Only downfall, DH is not too keen on having to sail into NY. For me, I think it would be great, I love visiting NYC. As for airfares, I think this will work out better, we looked at air from Barbados to Orlando and it looked expensive.

[quote name='TXTraveler76']Hi,

There does seem to be a change from 2007- addition of Shetland Islands and the removal of a Norwegian port too difficult to spell or pronounce. I was disappointed not to see Prins Christian Sund as that is one of my favorite places to visit. I will keep my fingers crossed that it is included. Will this be a 16 day cruise?

Once again, thank you Suzy for the updates and all the information.

Jacki[/quote]

Yes, you're right, it's different and there is no *** telling me "YO! This is new and different". It's just a 14-night and they are skipping the Norway stuff. The 9/2/07 cruise is called "Iceland, Greenland & Norway Transatlantic", and on 8/30/08 it's called "Iceland & Greenland Transatlantic". I guess from the title we are supposed to understand it's different, eh? I'm bummed the Norwegian Fjords aren't in there. They're some of the best parts.

[quote name='Casshew']Sorry, my eyes glazed over after the second paragraph :cool:[/quote]

It's a lot of information to give, so this is the best I can do. I realize it's not for everyone, but for the truly addicted like me, we want ALL the details. ;) As you can see from the questions, even though it seemed overwhelming to you, nearly every little detail I left out has been asked in a subsequent question.

--

mycruz.... sounds good to me. I love the sea days, so I'm with you there. I recently sailed on the QM2. Now THAT's a great ship for crossing on. I can't wait for the day to come where I can try it Transatlantic. In the Caribbean, smoother than a baby's behind! :D

[quote name='Nymue']Suzy,

Do you know what the ports are for that cruise?

Anne[/quote]

For 9/2/07? Look at [URL="http://www.princess.com"]www.princess.com[/URL] for the Grand Princess. You can see a pretty itinerary picture.

[quote name='TXTraveler76']Hi Suzy,

Have to bother you again. On the TA Sea 8/30 & Crown 9/17- do either visit Prins Christian Sund (Greenland cruising)? This could make my final decision.

Thank you.

Jacki[/quote]

No that is not specifically listed on either.

[quote name='Juliadlf']Thanks for posting!
I noticed that the Star Princess is not on the list and the Crown appears to be taking the itinerary.
Any ideas where Star is going?

Julia[/quote]

Star is doing South America in the winter of 2007 / 08 and then heading up through the Mexican Riviera in the Pacific. According to the last coastal on her currently-announced schedule she's going to be in the Alaska area, but only time will tell.

[quote name='Galaxy']Sorry i'm asking...is Olden,Norway a port of any of the cruises? who of them? Thanks :)[/quote]

Unless I specifically listed it on a new itinerary, or it's a current stop on one of the itineraries that repeats same as last year, I'd say no.

Archived