crown's nuances

brovol

my wife, two kids, and i are booked on the 7/26 crown sailing. we have sailed on the star (twice), grand, and caribbean previously, but i just noticed that there are many nuances with the crown, compared to the other grand class ships. i dont see the little pool that exists in the back of the other ships (more like a water tank). i dont see a vista lounge. and the jogging track is on the top of the skywalkers lounge, on the opposite side of the ship as the fitness center. the crown has the international café, which does not exist on the other ships. questions: (1) how is the jogging tack? it looks short, and like it would be quite breezy. any water fountains there? (2) do they only perform the shows once on the crown, rather than do repeat performances, as they do in the vista lounge on the other ships? will we miss the vista lounge? (3) is the international café a free eatery? i thought i read something about some things having a price, but i may be thinking about a different ship. any info would be much appreciated.

my wife, two kids, and i are booked on the 7/26 crown sailing. we have sailed on the star (twice), grand, and caribbean previously, but i just noticed that there are many nuances with the crown, compared to the other grand class ships. i dont see the little pool that exists in the back of the other ships (more like a water tank). i dont see a vista lounge. and the jogging track is on the top of the skywalkers lounge, on the opposite side of the ship as the fitness center. the crown has the international café, which does not exist on the other ships. questions:

(1) how is the jogging tack? it looks short, and like it would be quite breezy. any water fountains there?

It is very short and windy, and yes it is over Skywalkers, people still use the Promanade to run, and there are fountains overlooking the aft Terrace Pool outside the rear of Sabatini's.

(2) do they only perform the shows once on the crown, rather than do repeat performances, as they do in the vista lounge on the other ships? will we miss the vista lounge?

Several repeats depending on the show, you still have Club Fusion, The Expolorer Lounge, and the Princess Theater.

(3) is the international café a free eatery? i thought i read something about some things having a price, but i may be thinking about a different ship.

Some things are free and some cost, ie candy apples, fancy choclates etc.

any info would be much appreciated.

Hope this helps, we sailed the Crown twice last year October/July. :)

Archived