Lido Menu

mbdrapier

This may have been discussed before, but I was unable to locate any pertinent threads. My wife and I will be sailing on the Noordam on March 21. We are thinking of opting out of one or more of the formal night dinners and would like to know how the menu in the Lido compares with that of the main dining room. Thanks for all replies.

would like to know how the menu in the Lido compares with that of the main dining room.

The only times we've remembered to check they were identical, but that may not always be true. In the Lido you pick up your own salad and appetizer, then wait for a waiter to bring your entree.

Is the lido poolside ?

Lido Restaurant abuts the Lido pool area. We have never dined in Lido in the evening but I suppose if you wanted, you could bring your dinner out to one of the tables. Stewards serve your entree (you select your appetizer/salad buffet style) so you would have to arrange with a steward to see if it is possible for them to bring your dinner out to the pool.

I'm not sure you would want to though. They set the tables with nice cloths for dinner and it is more pleasant than dining on a plastic pool table would be IMO . If the retractible roof is closed at the pool, it can get quite humid.

I believe the chilled soups and one entre is missing from the Lido menu at night.

On the return from Hawaii I had an evening shore excursion planned in Ensenada, so ate a basic meal in the Lido. The port was cancelled, so I joined my tablemates in the dining room to say a proper good-bye and eat the missing courses. The chilled soup available in the dining room was missing from the Lido.

Archived