New Beds on Brilliance

We got off the ship on 2/23. We were on deck ten and We did not have new bedding on our departure. They may well have begun on that date but we did not see any movement on the 23rd.

From people on the 2/23 sailing they were starting at the end of their cruise, March 5th.

From people on the 2/23 sailing they were starting at the end of their cruise, March 5th.

If they have them done by the time you sail, you will enjoy the bedding we did on the Explorer. Have a wonderful cruise. I am sure you will love the ship and crew.

If they have them done by the time you sail, you will enjoy the bedding we did on the Explorer. Have a wonderful cruise. I am sure you will love the ship and crew.

According the people who got off Monday, my room already has them!!! Missed the ones on the Explorer by 1 week.

According the people who got off Monday, my room already has them!!! Missed the ones on the Explorer by 1 week.

Lucky you, Sue ! I hope that they get to all of the RFS's, because if not, I will have to settle for an eggcrate.:(

Lucky you, Sue ! I hope that they get to all of the RFS's, because if not, I will have to settle for an eggcrate.:(

Hey Judy,

The way I figure it, if they did 10 and 9 this past Monday. Then on March 16th they will do 8 and 7. Then the date of our sailing 4, 3, and 2. Neither 5 or 6 have any rooms on them and 4 doesn't have a full deck of rooms. I think we will all have them by when we sail. Granted this is my theory only.

answer the new bedding question, please. We are on 9 for the 4/16 TA and the Concierge told me they were to start installing on 10 on 2/23.

So will we have new beds??? ALso, I am told a Katherine will be Concierge & an Ashley Kerr is CD. I never heard of either....

answer the new bedding question, please. We are on 9 for the 4/16 TA and the Concierge told me they were to start installing on 10 on 2/23.

So will we have new beds??? ALso, I am told a Katherine will be Concierge & an Ashley Kerr is CD. I never heard of either....

We had Ashley on the Explorer in Sept while the regular CD was on vacation. She is ok, nothing fantastic! I don't know if she was really new but she seemed nervous and very rehearsed, not spontaneous like many CD's.

We had Ashley on Serenade in December. I thought she was very good. She is younger, then your average CD, so she brings a fresh take to it. I have sailed with Katherine Valenzuela many times. She is a sweetie and normally gets great reviews from the guests.

Good to know the Consierge is good & the CD is OK. What about the shows?

We had the new beds on Freedom last October so I am ready for 13 nts in these magnificent structures. With a dislocated C6 & C7 due to a drunk driver I need a pillow top matress to support it. We have one at home with a duvet with goosedown comforter. BUt Freedom had a quilt inside the duvet which was too HOT for the Caribbean.

So anyone cruising as of 3/5 can answer on the new beds will be appreciated.

as we have a great group of folks for 4/16 TA (MIA-BCN) loads of UK folks, Aussies, Germans, Irish like us, and we are even doing a gift exchange for the extra fun that gives folks. A great way to get the nerves out of folks meeting people they've typed to for over a year. Many are over 70 so the new beds will be welcome for them too.

The great Concierge I typed to for a month was promoted to Supervisor of Guest Relations. His name was Diego. He is the one that told me about the correct bedding schedule, that was posted here as after 4/28. Even C&A told me that & he got ticked about the incorrect info given to folks. He loves when folks bring him a printout of an email from C&A with the wrong info with a name of who sent it. SO this guy I really liked.

We are 9660 AFT D1

Macop,

I have friends on the ship for the 3/5 sailing and when they return on friday I will definitely ask them about the beds. They are on floor 8.

A wonderful poster from the 3/5 sailing just posted this on the 3/26 roll call to update us. So anyone on the upcoming sails will have the new beds.

Just returned from the Brilliance. SueL asked about the new bedding situation on our thread. On our cruise they replaced 45% of the beds starting with the upper decks. We were on deck nine in the stern and our new beds were put in the first day. The captain explained that another 45% would be done on the present cruise (3/16 sailing) and the rest on the 3/26 sailing. He also mentioned that all the old bedding is donated at various ports of call. We had a wonderful cruise with calm seas and beautiful weather. Hope you have the same.

Archived