Antarctic Centre and Air Museum

In Christchurch, I have scheduled this through Princess excursions - but now I'm concerned that my husband, the Antarctic fiend, will not be given enough time to enjoy the Centre and ride the Huggland (sp?).

Are these sights doable on our own or is the a private tour that can take us to them - and maybe a few more suggested areas?

Phoenixdownunder - I particularly be interested in getting some advice from your point of view!

Maureen

I'm not able to be a great deal of help because it's been several years since we were in Christchurch, but we did go to the Antarctic museum on our own. We took a private taxi, so I know it is possible. We booked that in advance through our TA.

I don't know how long your cruise company is setting aside for your tour, but we have visited then Antarctic Centre by ourselves. You could spend a couple of hours there ... especially if you have a real interest ... or have to wait for the next "Snow Blizzard"... run about every 30 minutes

Thanks for the advice!

Since my husband has a major interest in the Centre, I made a last minute decision to cancel our Princess excursion and booked our tickets on line with the Centre. Thanks to another CC poster who gave very precise directions on how to purchase a day bus pass and routes, we are going to just go on our own. This way he won't have to mis anything and regret it later.

I like to travel by the motto "Be a traveler - not a tourist" so this should suit me just fine.

Archived